Associate Data EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a high performing versatile Associate Data Engineer to join the Product Support and Services’ Mobility and Innovation team. The team provides comprehensive digitally native mobile, progressive web and data modelling and analytics based innovation solutions to rapidly access and transform complex business scenarios by enabling digital products that enhance revenue opportunities and efficiencies for Boeing. Responsibilities include development and integration for a variety of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and in house software application supporting our business lines. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Support: With Solution Architects / Data Architecture support solution design for the service layer for IPSS APIs and Data Services for Analytics
- Lead: API Development, Data Service for ETL/ADF or other means for IPSS Data from Data Pipeline to T&PS Data Repository and other stakeholders
- Lead: Develop business logic as needed for developing and consuming IPSS services for example User identity validation and other logic based on current Catalyst and ICS logic applied to services.
- Lead: Stakeholder requirements / API design for new services
- Support / Lead: Set-up, Configuration, Development of Azure Data Factory or other Azure Managed Services in support of Data Pipeline
- Support / Lead: With Domain Data Architect for data pipeline methods / service in support of additional data types from the Data Strategy
- Support / Lead: Creation of artifacts (P-140, P-370, Threat Models, etc) in support of progressing through FFU and InfoSec reviews
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Proficient to Advanced knowledge of Azure Managed Services
- Advanced knowledge of API development, batch data services, etc.
- Advanced data management
- Proficient understanding of data object modeling, metadata, versioning, etc.
- Proficient knowledge on learning science standards (SCORM, IEEE, LRMI, etc.)
- Nice to Have – system to system integration experience
- Nice to Have – cross Azure Subscription services
- Experience in Aerospace domain.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on visualizing and understanding data.
- Proficient in Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in Data structures, algorithms and Design Patterns.
- DevOps, Continuous Integration. Experience in using any CICD tools like Bamboo/Jenkins, Coverity, SonarQube, Jfrog, Artifactory etc.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree with typically 5 - 8 year’s of experience or Master's Degree with typically 3 - 7 year’s of experience.
This position provides for relocation benefits during joining
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.