Associate Electrical Design and Analysis EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
The Boeing Company is hiring Associate Electrical Design and Analysis Engineer to join the Boeing India Engineering Team for Electrical Design Integration and will be based out of Bangalore. This position will report to Boeing India Engineering organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Electrical Engineering Manager to implement new electrical analysis and design upgrades to meet their organizational goals.
Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs. Supports analysis and design reviews. Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas). Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests). Follows documented processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities. Supports the development of statements of work. Assists in the technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection. Analyzes functional and physical input used in the development of integrated design and system architecture. Works under general supervision. The job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating & communicating with multi-functional teams and all collaborators.
- Providing guidance and mentoring team during project execution.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive demeanor and highest ethics.
- Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- To work collaboratively with multi-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to collaborate with Boeing personnel around the world.
EMPLOYER WILL NOT SPONSOR APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT VISA STATUS
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronics/Electronics & Communication / Mechanical or higher is required.
- 5 to 8 Years of major experience in Electrical wire harness design & development lifecycle.
- Experience in Electrical Wiring Harness Installation and/or Formboard is required.
- Experience in Catia V5 Electrical Workbench is required, knowledge on Mentor Graphics Capital (logic and Harness XC) is an added advantage.
- Experience in Wire harness installation, Coordination with cross functional groups to determine interface issues and update 3D data with latest information.
- Must understand configuration management, requirements traceability and related processes.
- Must have Knowledge of Product Life Cycle management and capability for usage of tools like Enovia/Team center.
- Must have worked through the development cycle & should have detailed knowledge on wiring & harness component selections.
- Must have experience in preparation of manufacturing BOM.
- Must have knowledge of Electrical Wire harness Design for Manufacturing.
- Must have knowledge on EMI/EMC requirements for electrical wiring design & installation.
- Experience in Integration and testing of wiring/harness on the aircraft is an added advantage.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Aerospace domain is highly preferred.
- Experience in Electrical system architecture design, wiring design & harness design.
- Preferred to have detailed understanding of MIL 704D, MIL-W-5088L/SAE AS50881, MIL-E-7016, MIL-STD-464, MIL-STD-461, MIL-B-5087 & DO-160 standards.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 8 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years of related work experience etc.).
This position does offers relocation based upon candidate eligibility within INDIA.
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities