Associate Production Support EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing ecommerce team is currently looking for two Associate Production Support Engineers to join our team in Bangalore, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Global Services (BGS) IT organization. The selected individual will work in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) in Bangalore, India. As an experienced Production Support Engineer, the selected individuals will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and improving eCommerce applications on Hybris Platform (including Java / J2EE), Middleware (Informatica IICS.
- The selected candidates for this position will be responsible for supporting Boeing Global Service’s (BGS) ecommerce applications are used to offer various parts, products and services to Business Regional & General Aviation (BRGA) as well as Commercial Airline (CA) customers across the world. This position involves working closely with other development / support teams in India, US and other locations. The selected individual will be a part of the engineering and technology team in Boeing India.
- The selected candidates for this position will be responsible for understanding the overall application landscape and different internal/external integrations to strategize effective production monitoring processes. The technology landscape associate with the platform would the SAP Hybris commerce (Java / J2EE, Spring), Middleware (Informatica IICS)
- As an experience Production Support Engineer, the selected individuals will have to be skilled enough to triage the alerts / exceptions / errors notified by production monitoring tool like AppDynamics, Splunk, SolarWinds etc. through initial root cause analysis and work with various teams and stakeholders to address the alerts / exceptions / errors by using ITIL processes.
- Create and maintain necessary software documentation (RCA, Knowledge Repository, code awareness, design, architecture, etc.)
- The selected individual will be working closely with engineering team across Hybris, middleware, Informatica and ERP. The individual may also closely liaise with DevOps teams for process automation.
- Keep track and actively reduce open tickets, technical debts (hardening the software) while working with other developers / leads / architects / SM / PO / etc.
- Experience in running issue resolution calls (for P1 / P2 tickets) involving all the concerned teams / stakeholders, ITIL processes. Should have good understanding of ecommerce (SAP Hybris & J2EE), Middleware (Informatica) applications.
- Experience of working in Agile teams while following the Agile & SAFe practices
- The selected individual would need to work in close cooperation and actively aligns with the technical roadmap, interaction design, development and testing with similar teams based in USA or other regions
- The selected individual would need to mentor junior team members on technical aspects and would be responsible to provide support to development of internal competency and resources for critical skill sets and be a sought-after expert that other developers can benefit from
- This position will support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement, etc.
- The selected individual will research & provide recommendations on new technologies / trends, best practices to improve the product development activities
- This position would require the selected candidates to learn and work on new as well as multiple tools / skills / roles
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Selected candidates will have to work in shifts (morning, general or night).
Basic Qualification (Required Skills / Experience):
- Excellent knowledge and experience in supporting or maintaining ecommerce applications that are developed using SAP Hybris & Java / J2EE technologies, Middleware (Informatica Cloud) or similar platforms / technologies
- Familiar with supporting SAP Hybris Commerce or Java / J2EE based eCommerce applications, Middleware tools (like Informatica IICS) and Monitoring tools (like AppDynamics, Splunk, SolarWinds, etc.), etc.
- Experience in successfully triaging the issue through initial analysis and resolve them by engaging with the concerned teams or stakeholders
- Experience in ITIL processes to recommend & implemented best practices. Ability to generate various reports / statistics using various tools like Jira / Service Now, etc. and apply analytical skills to come up with strategy to close all pending issues
- Run Triage calls until successful closure of issues
- Effective in resolving problems and roadblocks by consistently following through on details while driving Innovation as well as issue resolution. Experience in Application Performance Monitoring tools like AppDynamics and Dynatrace
- Good to have working knowledge of Hybris modules – Search & Navigation, Account Management, Promotions & Vouchers, Payment Integrations, Catalog / Content Management, SAP Integrations, Mobility
- Good to have working knowledge in Informatica Cloud
- Good to have working knowledge on integrations such as payment (Pay metrics), SAP, OpenText, web services, etc.
- Good to have knowledge and experience in continuous integration & continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline from scratch and familiarity of using tools like Jenkins, GitLab
- Must have working experience with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations within Boeing and external partners across different cultures and time-zones
- Good communication skills (verbal & written)
- Experience in the following areas would be preferred –
- Familiarity with usage of Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Cloud based development (using Azure)
- Familiarity with using SAP ECC or other ERP application
- Awareness SAP PI / EDI based integrations
- Knowledge of Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Akamai
- ITIL practices
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through Bachelor or Maser degree and typically related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 to 6 years of experience in support role and with minimum of 2+ years of experience in supporting eCommerce applications in (SAP Hybris / Java / J2EE), Middleware (Informatica IICS).
- Candidates with ITIL & other technical certifications would be preferred.
- Candidates with PagerDuty or similar tool experience would be preferred.
- Candidates with experience in SAFe Agile methodologies would be preferred
This Job offers Relocation
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award