Associate Software Engineer - C++Bengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for Associate Software Engineer – C++ to join their team in Bengaluru. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) and Avionics business organization.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Software Engineering Manager to implement strategies helping business to meet their organizational goals.
- Software Design, Development and Verification of diverse engineering solutions for integrated avionics software.
- Software Development and Review of high-integrity/high criticality avionics software.
- Should perform or able to Review Software DO178C compliant planning, requirements, code, test and certification documents
- Should perform software level testing preferably with a good understanding of DO178C Design Assurance Level
- Software Requirements, Design, Development and Verification related to Software Middleware, Device Drivers and Operating System Services
- Software Requirements, Design, Development and Verification experience working with Communication Protocols such as Arinc 429, Arinc 664, RS-422, USB, RS-485, RS-170A, MIL-STD-1553B, CAN
- Software Requirements, Design, Development, integration, and testing of software system on embedded hardware targets.
- Strong experience in hardware bare metal software installation, board configuration, device driver tuning, board-bring up
- Strong Programming for RTOS Environment : VxWorks, DEOS development and debug target
- Develop software requirements by elaborating System Requirements and understanding System Architecture under supervision and consultancy
- Generation and Management of Software Builds
- Build, Integrate, and develop/support Application Program Interfaces (APIs) using a variety of languages, data formats, and data transformations
- Development of engineering documentation and configuration management practices
- The engineer should have excellent communication skills to work across Boeing Global Engineering teams comprising of diverse demographics
- The Engineer should have desire to work in all aspects of the product life cycle development process
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter and someone who works well within a team
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Good programming knowledge with C/C++
- Good Programming experience in Python
- Strong experience in Embedded Platform Software Development and Testing
- Strong understanding of system and software architectures
- Strong experience on RTOS system programming
- Good experience with developing kernel modules and device drivers
- Strong experience writing software drivers for hardware interfaces on new boards
- Good experience working with Communication Protocols such as Arinc 429, Arinc 664, RS-422, USB, RS-485, RS-170A, MIL-STD-1553B, CAN
- Good understanding of DO178C standards
- Strong troubleshooting skills at middleware, device drivers,OS and network level
- Strong experience developing software products, scalable applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
- Good technical documentation skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or higher (CS, ECE, Telecom, Information Science)
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 8 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award