Associate Software Engineer -DataBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking to hire Associate Data Engineer for Boeing India Engineering (BIE) Software to join their team in Bengaluru, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Cloud based implementation projects for Boeing business units like BCA, BDS and BGS.
- Perform data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity, Interpret and analyze data problems
- Visualize data and create reports
- Experiments with new models and techniques
- Determines how data can be used to achieve customer / user goals
- Designs data modeling processes
- Create algorithms and predictive models to for analysis
- Enables development of prediction engines, pattern detection analysis, and optimization algorithms, etc.
- Develops guidance for analytics-based wireframes
- Organizes and conducts data assessments
- Discovers insights from structured and unstructured data
- Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit them as part of Sprint Planning.
- Contributes to the backlog grooming meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right level of DOR.
- Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/PO accordingly to arrive at a solution.
- Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
- Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are appropriately communicated.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience): (5-8 years)
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 to 8 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 4 to 7 years' related work experience.
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Supports determination of data analysis goals given business objectives. Supports determination of decision support needs. Matches data to requirements and performance metrics to support analysis.
- Candidate should have experience in detailed data modeling including best fit methods, defining algorithms appropriate to the product, and the deployment and validation of the data model for verification of effectiveness.
- Candidate should have expertise in using predictive/prescriptive analytic solutions to support operational objectives.
- Develop software models to simulate real world problems to help operational leaders understand on which variables to focus. Candidate should have proficiency to streamline and optimize databases for efficient and consistent data consumption.
- Position requires expertise in SQL, Python, Knowledge of Java, Oracle, R, Data modeling, Power BI
- Expertise in understanding, analyzing & optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Strong knowledge and experience in T-SQL, database design, and ETL queries.
- Experience in understanding and interacting with multiple data formats
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand software from source code.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations within Boeing and external partners.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, strong analytical and creative problem solving skills and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to independently execute & deliver on the backlog without dependency or hand-holding.
- Should be an excellent team player.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team following the best practices on Software Craftsmanship such as Test-driven development and Pair Programming/Peer Reviews.
- Work in close cooperation and actively aligns with the technical roadmap with teams based in US.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Azure Cloud fundamentals.
- Time series, BI/Visualization Tools - Power BI and Tablaeu, Languages - R/Phython
- Deep Learning - Tensor flow
- Machine Learning
Typical Education & Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master +4 years' related work experience.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Export Control Requirements: This is an export control position.
Export Control Details: Non – US based job
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities