Associate Software EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Research & Technology Center team in Bangalore has an immediate opening for an Associate Software Engineer to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) is the preferred provider of technologies and innovation across the entire Boeing enterprise. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeing's commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes. We provide innovative support for our current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers' most difficult technology challenges. Boeing Research & Technology-India (BR&T-India) is part of Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC, based in Bangalore) focused on innovation, and developing and transitioning new technologies in support of Boeing products and services.
- The selected individual will be responsible for developing code in object oriented languages such as C++, Java, Microsoft C# or nodeJS. He/She should be well versed in developing APIs across multiple technology stacks (Java/Microsoft .NET/Node). The candidate should have experience in producing & consuming ReSTful APIs required. He/She should be proficient in developing fullstack applications, focused on complex engineering solutions as well as should be able to leverage complex engineering libraries developed across different spectrum of tools and technologies.
- The candidate will work closely with teams of engineers and computer scientists located in India and in the US.He/She will develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with Boeing internal customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This selected individual will document results of research and development projects, and provide inputs for periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. Track and evaluate performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and project requirements.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Should have developed code using object-oriented analysis and programming languages such as C++, Java, Microsoft C#, Node JS. Should understand modern development tools and methodologies such as Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices, Distributed Communications Protocols, network protocols and network programming, iOS, EFB.
- Should be well versed in the DevOps pipeline tools across different technologies.
- Should have experience in developing APIs by leveraging API design patterns covering Restful and local application scenarios.
- Should have skills to understand Software Architecture models and convert to high level and details software design leveraging software design patterns.
- Be a self-starter who is not afraid to proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with a positive attitude and highest ethics.
- Must be able to think proactively and work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills.Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development and Coding
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.