Associate Software Quality EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking high performing Associate Software Quality Engineer. The candidate is required to be self-motivated, open minded, able to work under general supervision. Candidate must be able to communicate well within the team as well as with other teams to ensure quality expectations are sufficiently made aware to all. Candidate is required to work independently to ensure compliance to Software Quality objectives through various activities and initiatives.
The position is responsible for:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining SQE plans and process infrastructure compliant to AS9115 and DO-178C.
- Perform cost estimation for SQE tasks and supports proposals and formal reviews.
- Establish and maintain metrics related to software quality assurance activities.
- Engage in team meetings, review software life-cycle products, and assure the engineering development and test process produces good quality software products that comply with their requirements.
- Plan, schedule and perform process evaluations (audits) that will verify compliance with Engineering plans and methods.
- Ensure adequate correction of process non-compliances and initiate and facilitate formal root cause / corrective action / preventive action when warranted.
- Experience supporting Software development that is regulated by FAA standards including DO-178, and ensuring the records produced during the software life-cycle are adequate and controlled such that they will successfully support formal flight Certification.
- Experience in supporting Software development using the Agile framework
- Experience evaluating software requirements against quality attributes and verifying the management/tracing of those requirements through product realization.
- Experience verifying code and related software documentation comply to standards
- Experience in verifying the integrity of software test environments including the documentation of the test configuration, control over changes to the environment, and the control over records.
- Experience with establishing and managing metrics related to SQE activities
- Knowledge of the Software Configuration Management process including software identification, baseline management, change control, and status accounting
- Ensure the Project adherence to AS9100 and Quality Management System (QMS).
- Knowledge on Technical Standard Order (TSO) authorization and Type Certificate (TC) authorization Processes.
- Knowledge on AS9100 and Quality Management System (QMS).
- Experience supporting Software development that is regulated by FAA standards on DO178-C
Relocation Assistance Available
- Yes. Available for eligible candidates with in India
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5-8 years related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 4-7 years related work experience is preferre
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award