Associate Systems Engineer - MBDBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently looking for an Associate System Engineer – MBD to use Model-Based Design and Model Based System Engineering methodology to support system requirement design, analysis, verification and validation throughout the development lifecycle and manage the System Architecture Modelling and Business process modeling. Also, test and simulate the models using control and plant models, integrate and run tests in a full platform simulation. This position reports directly to the Systems Engineering Manager.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for modeling of activities of end to end Production Systems Processes using MBE methodology. Additionally, you will be responsible for designing, developing, verifying, testing and validating system models and simulations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Manager to deliver Engineering statements of work to meet the organizational goals
- Develop MBSE & Design models for system requirements
- Develop Cameo & Simulink integrations with existing in-house tools
- Provide MBSE-SysML & Design model expertise and related support to the entire systems engineering team
- Integrate models to modern requirements management, architecture, and systems engineering software, validation and verification
- Ability to use of multiple architecture frameworks, tools, and methodologies.
- Ability to identify and implement model-based architecture and engineering methods and standards
- Perform system modeling of Production Engineering processes / Work Flows, for example., Plan to perform, Procure to Pay, PLM, MOM, Close to Report, Acquire to Retire Process using model based systems engineering, including architecture, interface and use case development.
- Link / Trace system models to requirements, architecture, design, Manufacturing and ERP Processes.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions
- Demonstrate excellence in MBD methods, at least one MBD tool: (preferred) Matlab-Simulink; others considered if applicable.
- Demonstrate excellence in use of Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and systems modeling methods, at least one systems modeling tool: (preferred) Cameo; others considered if applicable.
- Provide team activity report to the Manager.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- This position requires 4 to 8 years of demonstrated experience on MBSE/SysML/MBD methodologies.
- This position requires of Systems Engineering experience with the exposure to production Engineering, MBD, and MBSE/SYSML, System design, Tools and processes.
- Experience and familiarity with Cameo Enterprise Architecture and Matlab Simulink is Mandatory.
- Knowledge and understanding of various workflows, in an end to end product development with a system / system-of-systems environment is preferred.
- Perform Requirements Management in DOORS
- Hands on experience on Java scripting/ Python scripting/ VBA scripting/M scripting.
- Familiarity with the Agile/SAFe Process is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge of DO178, DO331, DO254, DO160 standards.
- Experience in application of SAE ARP 4754 and 4761 for Systems Engineering aspects.
- INCOSE certification on Systems Engineering is an added advantage
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor of Engineering) and typically 4 to 8 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master + 4 years' related work experience etc.)
This position does offer relocation within INDIA.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries including U.S.-based employees. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award