Associate Systems Engineer – MBSEBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
The Boeing Company is currently looking for an Associate Systems Engineering position seeking to use Model-Based System Engineering (MBSE) methodology and system modeling tools to enable a digital framework for Boeing enterprise to perform design, manage the System Architecture Models, Business process models including interfaces, key performance parameters, and operational concepts. This position reports directly to the SEIT Capability MBSE Manager.
As a member of this MBSE team, you will be responsible for modeling of end to end system and business activities using MBSE methodology. Additionally, you will be responsible for designing, developing, verifying, testing and validating system models and simulations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these positions will focus on working directly with the Manager to deliver Engineering statements of work to meet the organizational goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) models for systems of system.
- Provide MBSE/SysML related support to the entire systems engineering team
- Perform functional and logical decomposition of system and develop requirements, perform three way mapping of requirements, functions and logical elements.
- Participate in converting document-based to model-based architectures, refactoring of existing models
- Ability to identify and implement model-based architecture and engineering methods and standards
- Develop and extend system models using existing requirements, interface documentation, and related design and systems engineering documents
- Link / Trace system models to requirements, architecture, design.
- Demonstrate excellence in use of Systems Modeling Language (SysML) and systems modeling methods, at least one systems modeling tool: (preferred) NoMagic, Magic Draw or IBM Rational Rhapsody; others considered if applicable.
- Provide team activity report to the MBSE Manager.
- This position requires 2+ years of demonstrated experience on MBSE/SysML/UML methodologies.
- This position requires 1 to 2 years of Systems Engineering experience with the exposure to production Engineering. MBSE/SYSML, System design, Tools and processes.
- Experience and familiarity with Cameo Enterprise Architecture and/or Rational Rhapsody software is Mandatory.
- Hands on experience on Java scripting/ Python scripting/ VBA scripting.
- Perform Requirements Management in DOORS.
- Familiarity with the Agile/SAFe Process is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal communication with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment.
Desired Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DO178, DO254, DO160 standards.
- INCOSE certification on Systems Engineering is an added advantage.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Engineering degree and 2+ years' related work experience, a Master's degree and 1+ years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.