Associate Systems Service Engineer (Avionics)Bengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and more inquisitive flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver pioneering R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring varied perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee well-being.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
The Boeing Company is looking for an Associate Electronics Design and Analysis Engineer- EE systems fleet support-Avionics Service engineering to Electronics Product team located at Bangalore, India. The specific job level is 2, which includes candidate within 6+ years of experience depending on the educational qualification.
Boeing India Engineering leads all aspects of the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of LRU design and analysis for various Avionics systems.
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes, Customer Support organization is currently seeking support on Avionics- Network & recording, cabin & display systems, Auto-Flight, Flight Management Systems & Air Data/Inertial Reference Systems, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance systems Service Engineers with knowledge of Boeing Network & recording, cabin & display systems, Auto-Flight, Flight Management Systems & Air Data/Inertial Reference Systems, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance systems design and engineering principles to support the team in Seal Beach, California.
- The primary responsibility in this role will be addressing and resolving in-service issues related to airplane Network & recording, cabin & display systems, Auto-Flight, Flight Management Systems & Air Data/Inertial Reference Systems, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance systems
- In this role, you will also be tasked with: working directly with airline customers to analyze Network & recording, cabin & display systems, Auto-Flight, Flight Management Systems & Air Data/Inertial Reference Systems, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance systems, developing and performing tests to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements, and supervise supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- The position requires flexibility to address emergent issues and support important airline meetings off-hours. This position may also require an occasional off-shift work schedule to support the fleet operating 24/7/365.
- Willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule and the ability to work variable shifts, including weekends or overtime
- You will be an integral part of supporting all Boeing Commercial Airplane models in-service and under development, including programs such as 747, 767, 777, 787, 737NG, 737 MAX, 777X, and the next generation of commercial airplanes.
- This position will focus on providing 24/7 support to Boeing commercial airplane customers
- Develops and documents moderately sophisticated electronic and electrical system requirements
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Assists in supervising supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with, 6+ years related work experience depending on Qualification
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive demeanour, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Must be very fluent in spoken and written English, and have excellent communication style.
- Ability to mentor and guide subordinates and partners to accomplish project and departmental goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Have experience working with Boeing 7XX series, EE Systems service engineering especially on Network & recording, cabin & display systems, Auto-Flight, Flight Management Systems & Air Data/Inertial Reference Systems, Communications, Navigation, Surveillance systems
- Prefer candidate that is proficient in using ATA Specification aircraft maintenance documentation, including manuals, and service actions. Must have computer skill proficiency, including but not limited to: aircraft-related systems, and proprietary software systems (for example, PDM).
- Fluent with MS Office products with knowledge of MS Project.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's in engineering degree or higher
- 6+ years’ experience' with Bachelors in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or experience or 4+ years’ experience with Masters in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or any equivalent degree
- This Position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility within India.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award