Business Support ManagerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
Manages employee and first-level management activities within the site occupation including planning, analysis, project administration, property administration, facilities provisioning, engineering services including Plant & Equipment maintenance. Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, adheres to Boeing policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives. Collaborates with resources from within other Boeing departments / organisations to deliver the BIES SOW. Time to time provides help and support to Boeing engaged suppliers at site. Leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Participates in equipment make/buy decisions. Participates in supplier selection; provides technical oversight and integrates supplier activities. Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead the on-site BIES team to cover all areas of responsibility
- To use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- To supervise the work of engaged contractors/suppliers for all planned and reactive maintenance and small project works as & when required leveraging the Boeing organisational framework
- Develop & manage the annual operating plan on time and budget
- To calculate and compare costs for required good or services to achieve maximum value for money
- To develop and lead plans for ensuring that the site uses resources in an efficient and sustainable manner including energy and water
- To assist in planning for future development in line with the strategic objectives
- To direct and plan essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling
- To liaise with the security and IFM contractors and ensure that the objectives are being met for the provision of those services
- To liaise with the catering service provider to ensure that a first class F&B service is provided to employees on a daily basis and also for special events
- To liaise with Transport service provider and ensure service delivery is first in class
- To ensure that the buildings in the site and the activities both on-site and off-site meet health and safety requirements
- To ensure that the Campus remains at all times compliant with the relevant statutory responsibilities
- To maintain accurate records of planned maintenance and statutory inspections
- To ensure that the relevant risk assessments are completed and reviewed regularly with concerned state holders and maintain accurate records of the same
- To check that the agreed work by staff and/or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- To respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise both within and outside normal working hours
- To assist in the development and maintenance of accurate records of site assets and equipment
- Plan , lead & execute minor refurbishments as and when required at the site leveraging Boeing organisational framework and policies
- Collaborate with Project teams for seamless transition, handing over & taking over of facilities
Functional Excellence Competencies
·Accountability and Responsibility
Demonstrates a willingness to accept responsibility and accountability for one's actions. Exhibits a moral, legal or mental accountability in areas of responsibility.
Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implements solutions, and measures impact.
Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development. Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behaviour based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform.
·Planning and organizing
Effectively plan what is to be achieved and involve all relevant stakeholders. Anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations. Demonstrate the use of information -gathering techniques, analysing situations and identifying implications in order to make correct decisions. Demonstrate ability to monitor progress and to make changes as required.
·Strategic Decision Making
Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the system, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans, anticipate future events, and apply the principles of systems thinking to accelerate performance.
Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the team’s energy and expertise to achieve a common objective. Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance. Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team.
Skills & Knowledge
- Risk management - Understand physical risks to health and safety, financial risks, reputational and operational risks in relation to building operations; their potential impact on the site and the stakeholders and the risk avoidance and mitigations strategies available to manage the same.
- Financial Management - Ability to prepare annual budgets, report progress against budgets and introduce strategies to control any projected overspend
- Managing People - Demonstrate the capability to manage effectively to develop high performing teams: identifying training needs, motivating and mentoring individuals, setting and monitoring objectives and dealing with dissatisfaction and disputes
- Managing Relationships with Suppliers and SME’s – Contributing to the vendor selection processes; monitoring performance against contract requirements, service level agreements and key performance indicators; assessing quality standards and addressing poor performance; ability to organise & run governance meetings
- Sustainability and Environmental Management - Working with all stakeholders to implement strategies for limiting and reducing the Site’s environmental impact ; working with direct staff, suppliers, to promote waste reduction, re-use of materials, recycling and reducing waste to landfill. Being responsible for waste management plans and record keeping
- Energy and Utilities Management - Monitoring and recording energy and utilities usage to identify any unusual consumption. Dealing with M&E / IFM service providers to address any over consumption and to ensure that BMS systems, controls, etc are regularly monitored & maintained to ensure optimum efficiency. Developing and implementing energy and water conservation strategies involving direct staff, suppliers, other colleagues
- Customer service - Demonstrate a deep commitment to customer service by always seeking to meet or exceed expectations
- Property, Building Fabric & Building Services Maintenance - A measure of technical understanding is necessary in order to seek advice from, monitor and direct specialists
- Support Service Operations - A measure of understanding of quality and value of soft services (cleaning, manned security, transport services, catering, etc) is necessary to monitor and direct staff or service providers
- Graduate qualification in Engineering
- Qualification in building & facilities management (e.g CFM) and/or qualification in business management (e.g MBA) will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 12/13 years of experience in managing estates and facilities staff and external contractors in a campus type environment (client-side or service provider)
- Experience in managing health & safety and statutory compliance
- Experience in a working in different work environments i.e Office, R&D, manufacturing
Attitude & Impact
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate to people of a wide range of technical and non-technical backgrounds
- A desire to aim for a continual improvement in services, management and maintenance of buildings and services. Proactive with a high level of initiative, capable of identifying new work and improvements independently
- Smart in appearance and manner
- Flexibility and readiness to undertake a wide range of tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 13 – 17 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 12 - 15 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.