Bussiness Development ManagerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Main interface to the customer of the territory and key contact to drive the sales offered by BDSI Inc.
• Creation of written overall Territory Coverage Plan which will include: Target Accounts (which will be agreed upon with Senior Sales Manager. Customer Profiling. Account Strategies of how we will penetrate new and existing accounts. Quarterly and yearly objectives as prescribed by BDSI Inc. A summary of major opportunities at designated target accounts for key product groups in the next 12 - 18 months outlining sales potentials and the dates they will be achieved. Initiates and coordinates the development of action plans to penetrate new markets or identify new business opportunities. Provide optimal sales coverage to assigned territory (expanding with existing accounts while pursuing new accounts) and actively support the strategy as aligned with BDSI Inc. Assisting Sales and BDSI Inc. with industry and territory forecasting.
• Responsible for business development and market strategies within a set region which includes achievement of revenue and profit plans as prescribed by BDSI Inc. Develop annual and quarterly objectives under guidance of BDSI Inc. and Director Sales and in exchange with the Inside Managers for Sales. Leads strategic opportunities from inception to completion. Develop competition analysis for their territory, (strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities). Grow existing accounts utilizing new product opportunities (hardware, chemicals, lighting, tooling, machined parts, etc.). Develop specific target accounts and account strategies with Inside Managers for Sales. Responsible for the support of value added services, long term sales proposals and presentations. Provide customer application and design assistance. Provide product demonstrations. Product training will be provided and will be a vital part of the job.
•Consistent written and verbal communication with Inside sales staff and Management outlining and updating all with customer and market opportunities and issues. This will include: Itineraries (Monthly and Weekly) - Call reports (weekly)
- Ability to "sell " customer solutions and drive growth
- Able to travel within India and global
- Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Good oral and written communication skills. Able to articulate and clearly express ideas both verbally and in written format. Ability to provide product demonstrations
- Able to think and act strategically
- Knowledge of the aerospace/aviation industry required
- Excellent negotiation skills - politically savvy; able to sell ideas and initiatives both internally and externally in order to accomplish goals
- Good numeric skills
- Excellent presentation skills - confident and polished speaker and presenter
- Ability to manage large and/or complex corporate accounts
- Smart, proactive, self-starter with perpetual sense of urgency and "can do" attitude
- Create value-added and a sense of being a strong advocate in the eyes of the customer
Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related work experience, a Master's degree and 6+ years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More