Emerging Technology ArchitectBengaluru, Karnataka
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Want an opportunity to work on the latest technology in Information Technology and gain an exposure to the leading edge then the Advanced Service Development team in Enterprise Architecture (EA) / Second Century Enterprise Systems (2CES) organization is the place for you. We are a fast paced team looking for talented and motivated Systems & Data Analysts to join our team to conduct industry based early research and execute proofs of concept across a broad technology landscape.
Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies. We have immediate openings for experienced Emerging Technology Architects. These positions will be assigned to Advanced Service Development group in the IT Enterprise Architecture and 2nd Century Enterprise Systems (2CES) group in Boeing India.
We are looking for innovators who not only remain open to new ideas but are willing to jump in and contribute based on his/her experiences. You will work with Boeing IT&DA resources across a global Boeing team to understand business requirements and develop initial prototypes of solutions to meet business needs. Specifically, you will perform Industry Based Early Research and after ensuring alignment to 2CES architecture conduct ideation workshops to understand business needs and requirements. These needs/requirements will then be translated in an agile manner into opportunity assessments (statements of work) that will form the basis for Proofs of Concept. You will in partnership with customers and IT Business Partners execute and validate the Minimum Viable Products before moving on to the Advanced Insertion (technology insertion) phase. Responsibilities will include managing these execution of these engagements and interface with multiple stakeholders. Responsiveness in these fast paced (3-6 months) engagements will be key and you will have to constantly innovate (technical, process, etc) to address risks and unexpected roadblocks.
In this job you will be part of one of Boeing's key initiatives - 2CES - and at the same time get hands on experience on what it takes to introduce new technology to a company the size and scale of Boeing. Finally, this team performs the role of IT&DA Business Partner to Boeing HorizonX as well as the IT&DA Focal to the Enterprise Innovation team. Both of which will provide excellent opportunities to innovation activities throughout the Enterprise.
There will be challenges at every turn, but if you are quick learner, agile operationally, comfortable with uncertainty, eager to collaborate and have an innovation mindset then this is the team for you.
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Experience delivering solutions that align to the lifecycle of IT solution delivery including requirements, architecture, software development (Agile/Traditional/DevOps), Testing, Delivery and Production support.
- Prior experience of taking a technology from ideation through implementation with creating deliverables like technology evaluation, defining value propositions, building business case etc.
- Ability (as proven by project complexity) to build cross-functional partnerships with multiple stakeholders within the company. Experience managing supplier relationships and performing supplier technology evaluations.
- Communication skills to engage peers, both within and outside the organization and the ability to use appropriate visualization (models, diagrams, views, etc) to communicate ideas.
- Understanding of importance of Architecture, architecture principles and technology architecture/design in a large complex enterprise such as Boeing.
- Knowledgeable about latest IT technology trends and ability to assess applicability of new technology to existing business processes.
- Desire to learn and conduct hands-on experimentations, product evaluations and proof of concepts in a diverse array of technologies with the goal of enabling business outcomes.
- Prior experience in working with a geographically dispersed team composed of team members (project managers, architects etc.) at multiple location in the US and India is a plus
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WIT THIS POSITION
Basic Qualifications (essential requirements a candidate MUST have to qualify for the position)
Technical bachelor's degree with typically 9-12 years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 7-11 years' of related experience or a PhD degree with typically 8 or more years' of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BAULI3 (B86) - Computing Architect 3 (Computing Architect
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More