Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies.
- Technical bachelor's degree with 13+ years of overall experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and processes in large and complex business environment.
- Applying program / project lifecycle methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- PLM solution architecture expertise supporting the engineering discipline in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in drafting roadmaps and deriving technical strategy, Translate business information/technical requirements into an architectural blueprint
- Knowledgeable on enterprise level architecture or Solution architecture for addressing PLM requirements using Dassault Systemes PLM 3DExperience platform.
- Expertise in translating Business requirements to Functional Views & Enterprise architecture Views
- Atleast 7+ years of experience working on Dassault Systemes Enovia/3DEXPERIENCE (3DX) platform as an architect developing solutions for business requirements, preferably in Aerospace domain
- Ability to guide other architects to deliver on planned architecture
- Perform architecture reviews, establish governance standards for meeting enterprise guidelines
- Proficiency in Enovia centrals like Program central, engineering central etc along with functional expertise on Bill of Materials, Change Management
- 5+ years of experience on Integration architecture (downstream/upstream applications with Enovia)
- Thorough knowledge on Enovia Architecture, Integrations with ERP/MOM systems
- Proficiency in ARIS or CAMEO
- 1+ years of experience on configuring Exalead for Geometry Search and Text search
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification is a plus
- Working knowledge on Service-oriented Architecture (SOA) integration principles
This position is for Enterprise Architect in the 2CES ERP Competency Center (CC) within
Information Technology’s (IT) Enterprise Architecture (EA) organization. The selected candidate will work with the Competency Center Manager, the 2CES PLM Program team, the Lead PLM Chief Architects, Senior Leaders and other team members; and will be the primary driver of PLM in Enterprise Architecture. Responsibilities will include working with the PLM CC Leader, applying Enterprise Architecture, 2CES and CEO/CIO statements of direction or actions to the PLM segment, developing enterprise architecture for PLM, performing quality assessments (Technical Reviews) and supporting the successful completion of the 2CES initiative and 2CES PLM program.
This position will provide leadership across Boeing’s Project Accelerate 2nd Century Enterprise Systems (2CES) program and provides a tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to the transformation of Boeing’s key operations.
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) is the process of managing the entire life cycle of a product from conception, sales and marketing through design, manufacturing and support. PLM integrates people, data, processes and business systems to provide a product information backbone for the enterprise. A critical component is the digital thread that is the communication framework connecting traditionally siloed capabilities in Design & Manufacturing processes and providing Advance Modeling and Simulation throughout the product life cycle. Aligning and optimizing engineer data will fuel Boeing’s second century initiatives and will enable and empower a culture of innovation across Boeing.
The PLM Enterprise Architect will have a responsibility to contribute for roadmaps, apply PLM systems architecture and modeling skills, design, implement and support the Dassault Systemes 3DX platform solution architecture deliverables for systems configuration and integration:
•Develops and maintains architectures for the PLM environment of the enterprise, at the reference, conceptual, and logical levels, ensuring that these align to overall architecture principles and business strategy
•Ensures that system technologies support the PLM needs of the enterprise
•Develops, communicates, supports, and monitors compliance with architecture standards
•Evaluates proposals for development projects to ensure they adhere to all PLM architecture standards
•Assists development projects, either directly or indirectly by liaising with business architects, to ensure that PLM solution architecture is implemented in these projects
•Ensures all documentation for PLM architecture is of high quality and properly curated
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.