Experienced Data EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a high performing versatile Experienced Data Engineer to join the Product Support and Services’ Mobility and Innovation team In Bangalore. The team provides comprehensive digitally native mobile, progressive web and data modelling and analytics-based innovation solutions to rapidly access and transform complex business scenarios by enabling digital products that enhance revenue opportunities and efficiencies for Boeing. Responsibilities include development and integration for a variety of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and in-house software application supporting our business lines. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Support: With Solution Architects / Data Architecture support solution design for the service layer for APIs and Data Services for Analytics
- Lead: API Development, Data migration using ETL/ADF or other means.
- Lead: Develop business logic as needed for developing and consuming API services
- Lead: Stakeholder requirements / design for taking the project from scratch to completion.
- Support / Lead: Set-up, Configuration, Development of Azure Data Factory or other Azure Managed Services in support of Data Pipeline.
- Support / Lead: With Domain Data Architect for data pipeline methods / service in support of additional data types from the Data Strategy
- Support / Lead: Creation of artifacts (like Threat Models, etc) in support of progressing through Information Security reviews
- Lead: able to sample large amounts of data, so down sampling, etc. for visualizing data in chart and Graphs using different graph libraries and frameworks (like D3.js, Grafana etc)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Proficient to Advanced knowledge of Azure Managed Services including
- Expertise with latest Java technologies including APIfication, microservices, content management and cloud-based PaaS components.
- In depth Knowledge of Java backend technologies and experience in integrating with Java business layer systems using Spring, micro services, APIs etc.
- Advanced knowledge of API development, batch data services, etc.
- Advanced data management
- Proficient understanding of data object modeling, metadata, versioning, etc.
- Proficient knowledge on learning science standards (SCORM, IEEE, LRMI, etc.)
- Expert level knowledge on Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Blob
- Experience in writing advanced SQL queries and SSIS package creation and
- Ability to support and/or design complex ETL production environments
- Expert in Azure Data plate form- design, development, testing, implementation
- Expert level knowledge of SQL DB & Data warehouse
- Should be able to analyze and understand complex data
- Knowledge of Azure Data Lake is required
- Knowledge of other Azure Services like Analysis Service, SQL Databases will be an
- Nice to Have – system to system integration experience
- Nice to Have – cross Azure Subscription services
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Aerospace domain.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on visualizing and understanding data.
- Proficient in Agile Methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience in Data structures, algorithms and Design Patterns.
- DevOps, Continuous Integration. Experience in using any CICD tools like Bamboo/Jenkins, Coverity, SonarQube, Jfrog, Artifactory etc.
Typical Education & Qualification:
- Technical bachelor's degree or higher and typically 7+ or more years' related work experience
- Master's degree with typically 5+ or more years' related work experience.
Note: A technical degree is defined as any four-year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study will be preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility within INDIA.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award