Experienced Scrum MasterBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions team is currently looking for one Experienced Scrum Master to join their team in Bengaluru, KA. As a Software Engineer, you will be part of the Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions team, which develops software applications and products that create direct value to its customers. We provide re-vamped work environments focused on delivering data-driven solutions at a rapidly increased pace over traditional development. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team who are excited to use the latest in software technologies for modern web and mobile application development. Through our products we deliver innovative solutions to our global customer base at an accelerated pace.
- Exhibits Lean-Agile Leadership - Helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles and implement SAFe practices.
- Facilitates preparation and readiness of ART Events - Work with the team/other Scrum Masters/Stakeholders/RTM to effectively plan the Program Increments (for the specific Scrum team)
- Capacity Planning: Check availability of resources in one’s own team/dependent resources from any other team
- Understand the priority of the requirements from business and work with /guide the team to estimate in story points(establish normalize estimates) and commit based on the known average velocity/capacity of the team
- Work with the Product Owner/Business team in effective Pre-PI Planning
- Prepare Internal Team Milestones with dates (for eg: Coding complete and code checked in, User Guide/Release notes inputs complete, demo with PO/Business team etc) and ensures they are in line with the PI Milestone dates. Reviews with RTM and publishes to team/business.
- Risks/Issues are documented, addressed and escalated as appropriate.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum Ceremonies during every PI (Ensures that the Scrum processes agreed are followed.)
- Note: Sprint Planning, Daily stand-ups, Sprint Backlog refinements, Sprint reviews, Sprint Demos, Sprint retrospectives
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals - Plan and track the team's progress regularly to ensure PI commitments are met. Report any impediments/dependencies, risks and issues on delivery commitments as early as possible to the RTM. The Scrum Master ensures that the team is fully functional and productive. Works towards improving the productivity of the development team in any way possible.
- Helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps team operate well on the Agile Release Train - Collaborates actively with other Scrum masters (Meta Scrum/Scrum of scrums)
- Discussing any dependencies
- Share team updates
- Adopting and sharing any best practices
- Communicate any change requests, its analysis and the solution proposal from the team to the RTM.
- Provide all needed support to the Scrum Team using a servant leadership style (by using persuasion rather than authority) and leading by example.
- Guide & coach (by asking powerful questions that are thought provoking) the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and values. Goal: Happy stakeholders/Fostering Self Organization- Issues should be removed by the team wherever possible. Makes the development team aware of the Scrum values.
- Supports the team rules - Guide and coach the Scrum Team regularly on applying the Agile mindset/best practices/rules to their work processes. Drives Agile behavior in teams & ensures that the team is fully functional, productive and valuable. The Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them.
- Facilitate discussion and decision-making on identifying gaps and how to fill them appropriately.
- Fosters team collaboration and helps in resolving conflicts
- Supports the PO- Support/Discuss with the Product Owners, especially with the objective to refine and manage the respective product backlog. (Goal: Improve the Product Owners effectiveness by helping maintain the Product Backlog and ensures User Stories are detailed enough)
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement- Identify and propose areas for improvement and issues affecting effectiveness that the Teams themselves might not be aware of. Work with the RTM/Engg Manager based on the type of the issue.
- Eliminates Impediments - Remove impediments (road blocks) for the development team (or guide the team to remove dependencies/impediments where appropriate) by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Thrives on Responsibility to maximize the throughput of the team, assumes no authority, Showcases Leadership and guidance to team
- Humble – Willing to do whatever is necessary to help the team achieve its goal, leads by example to recognize the value in all team members
- Collaborative – Ensures a collaborative culture exists within the team, if not, create such an environment for team to have open and honest conversations.
- Committed – To following Scrum ceremonies, cadence, addressing impediments, supporting team in meeting the commitments
- Influential – Should know to exert influence without resorting to being dictatorial; Active participation in spreading Agile mindset within the business unit / organization through coaching, trainings, leading CoEs/CoPs across the company
- Knowledgeable – Have technical known-how (enough to effectively lead the team), product and market understanding or other specialized knowledge to help the team pursue its goal.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Strong Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scaled Agile, Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc
- Good Fundamentals on Agile Methodology is mandatory.
- CSM [Certified Scrum Master]/ Any Agile Certifications is strongly preferred
- Exposure for Tools like JIRA, Jama, Confluence is preferred.
- Mentorship skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Good Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain othermethodologies to motivate his team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand your team needs.
- Should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand your commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Should have experience in Software Engineering Domain with evidence of thorough understanding of requirements to solve problems and actively participates in software development.
- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Should have demonstrated ability to work in an AGILE environment.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations within Boeing and external partners.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Should have extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to earn trust, persuade, motivate and mentor other team members. To be effective, this person must earn the respect of the Scrum teams, Scrum Masters, Technical Architect, Release Train Manager, Business teams, customers and all other different stakeholders.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, strong analytical and creative problem solving skills and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to independently execute & deliver on the backlog without dependency or hand-holding.
- Should be an excellent team player.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team following the best practices on Software Craftsmanship such as Test-driven development and Pair Programming/Peer Reviews.
- Keep track of and actively reduce technical debt.
- The selected individual will be a skilled, highly professional engineer, work collaboratively with an international team comprising software development, product management, and business analysis.
- The selected individual will also be responsible to provide support to development of internal competency and resources for critical skill sets and be a sought-after expert that other developers can benefit from.
- This position provides periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world.
- This position will support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement etc…
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve the product development activities.
- Travel domestically and internationally, as required.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of experience or Master’s Degree with 7+ years of experience is must
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.