Experienced Software Automation Test EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing India IT Product Systems team is currently looking for an Experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join them in their team in Bangalore, India.
- Understands and develops software solutions to meet end user requirements.
- Ensures that application integrates with overall system architecture, utilizing standard IT lifecycle methodologies and tools.
- Develops algorithms, data and process models, plans interfaces and writes interface control documents for use in construction of solutions of moderate complexity.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Estimate user stories/features (story point estimation) and tasks in hours with the required level of accuracy and commit them as part of Sprint Planning.
- Contributes to the Backlog refinement meetings by promptly asking relevant questions to ensure requirements achieve the right level of DOR.
- Works with the Product Owner to confirm that the code and acceptance tests reflect the desired functionality.
- Raise any impediments/risks (technical/operational/personal) they come across and approaches Scrum Master/Technical Architect/PO accordingly to arrive at a solution.
- Update the status and the remaining efforts for their tasks on a daily basis
- Ensures change requests are treated correctly and tracked in the system, impact analysis done and risks/timelines are appropriately communicated.
- Performs test and collect data, creating as required test procedures. Identify anomalies and provide solutions.
- Interface with internal contacts, decompose information from requirements and statements of work to formulate basic test automation approaches
- Review standards and regulations to assess the impact on the test plan
- Review test data results for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to delivery to customer and take appropriate action
- Responsible for developing and enhancing integrated solution test plans
- Responsible for performing analysis of test results for individual components and overall solution and providing feedback on test results
- Delivers working software in accordance with expected quality standards.
- Designs for testability: Design and evolve the system to support testability and test automation.
- Demonstrated ability to create positive impact on customer by developing polished, cohesive, effective, anduser-friendly web applications for large and complex aviation related systems.
- Hands on knowledge in the Architecting, Designing and Developing full stack modules and components for web applications. This position is for a SDET who has excellent testing skills in the latest tools & technology frameworks like, Selenium, PyTest, API Restful Testing, Cucumber, Karate, etc. Experience in automated test environments/TDD/BDD is essential.
- Must have experience testing in REST & SOAP based Web Services and SOA, MySQL, Teradata and Big Data and any other relational databases. Experience with Micro services-based architecture.
- Experience in database modelling (MySQL/NoSQL databases such as Mongo DB)
- Desire to learn and conduct hands-on experimentation, product evaluations and proof of concepts in various diverse array of technologies.
- Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools in a cloud-based environment using CI/CD
- Knowledge of integrating with Ant, Maven, GIT and Shell scripting.
- Good knowledge of database concepts with knowledge on writing SQL Queries and Stored Procedures.
- Experience in understanding and interacting with multiple data formats
- Ability to rapidly learn and understand software from source code.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Extensive experience in collaborating within an Agile team setting, working as a group to drive Epic/Feature/ Story creation as well as solution design and architecture.
- Should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to earn trust, persuade, motivate and mentor other team members. To be effective, this person must earn the respect of the Scrum teams, ScrumMasters, Technical Architect, and Release Train Manager, Business teams, customers and all other different stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in Aerospace domain
Typical Education & Experience:
- 7 - 12 Year's related work experience or relevant military experience
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.