Experienced Software DeveloperBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
As an Experienced Software Developer, the selected individual will work in the Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) Boeing Global Service Digital Engineering team to develop, maintain and improve certain progressive Web Applications under Jeppesen Crew Web & Mobile Portfolio.
- Develop data intensive code & scalable services using Java EE 8 on Spring Boot Framework.
- Work in an Agile Scrum team following the best practices on Software Craftsmanship such as Test-driven development and Pair Programming/Peer Reviews.
- Work in close cooperation - actively aligns the technical roadmap, APIs and Interaction Design, with teams based in Europe.
- Create and maintain necessary software design and architecture documentation.
- Mentors junior team members.
- Coordinate and communicate regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world.
- This position will lead initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, mentoring, customer engagement etc…
- Research and recommend new technologies to improve the product development activities.
- Travel domestically and internationally, as required
- Participate in all around activities including hackathon, new POC, Technical advancements, fun@work etc.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 6+ years of hands on experience in Java Full stack enterprise level Java application development cutting across global teams
- Ability to take ownership, learn quick and technical evangelist.
- Full ownership of design, development, scalability, performance, collaboration and customer experience.
- Experience in Airline Operations Domain is a plus.
Typical Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of experience or Master’s Degree with 7+ years of experience is must
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.