Experienced- Software Engineer – Backend DevelopmentBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for Experienced- Software Engineer – Backend Development to join their team in Boeing Global Services Digital Solutions. which develops software applications and products that create direct value to its customers. We provide re-vamped work environments focused on delivering data-driven solutions at a rapidly increased pace over traditional development. Be a part of our passionate and motivated team who are excited to use the latest in software technologies for modern web and mobile application development. Through our products we deliver innovative solutions to our global customer base at an accelerated pace.
- Hands-on Experience in python as scripting and programming language
- Good knowledge on REST based Web services implementation using Python
- Experience working with Databases like Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, Mysql
- Strong understanding of database design, troubleshooting, and management
- Good to have experience in Java/J2EE with exposure to Spring, JSF, JMS, JPA / Hibernate, Application Server, JSF, container based platforms – Docker / Kubernetes , Maven, Gradle, JUnit, Sonar etc.
- Understanding of clients side unidirectional data flow principles / Redux knowledge
- Good understanding of REST API principles
- Exposure to Web and Mobile application development
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile development
- Experience with cross-platform (Linux and Windows preferred) development using cloud technologies
- Experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, or Nexus
- Experience with pair-programming, test-driven development, continuous integration, and other XP engineering practices
- Experience designing and developing Software as a Service (SaaS) architectures using containerized micro services on Linux platforms
- Solid foundation in deployment of scalable, low-latency, and highly available distributed systems.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's with 9+ years of experience, Master's degree with 8+ years' experience.
- Bachelor, master or doctorate of science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Excellent working knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.