Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer - Service EngineeringBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes & Boeing Global Services are looking for Experienced Structural Analysis Engineer - Service Engineering to support Service Engineering Capability at Boeing India, Bangalore. This position will focus on providing 24/7 support to Boeing commercial airplane customers. This position offers a unique opportunity to work complex technical challenges in support of safety operation and return to service. Our team of engineers support over 14,000 aircraft around the globe, and work closely with our customers to ensure that their fleet is operating safely, efficiently, and reliably. Join us today and help shape the future of commercial aviation
Primary responsibilities for this position include:
- Responsible for performing structural analysis of aircraft components, assemblies, and systems while working as an integrated team
- Responsible to collaborate with Service Engineers to perform root cause analysis and corrective actions on Sin-Service issues for Airframe and other Mechanical systems.
- Performs detailed structural analysis (static strength, durability/fatigue and damage tolerance) to determine structural integrity (margins of safety), using classical techniques and Boeing tools.
- Evaluate structural integrity of aircraft components by way of classical hand calculations and, finite element method
- Generate documentation to report analysis and test results to support certification/Qualification
- Support Gated Reviews to validate the quality and completeness of work packages
- Familiar with regulatory framework (FAA and Mil-Spec), for warranting safety and regulatory compliance.
- Guides structural design and configuration development.
- Supports in-service products by investigating failures and analyzing improvements
- Performs trade studies to optimize structure and meet program requirements.
- Researches and prepares data to support definition of structural design requirements.
- Willing to support a 24/7 on-call rotation schedule and the ability to work variable shifts, including weekends or overtime
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Applied Mechanics/Structural engineering 9 to 12 years of proven experience in stress analysis in Services related to Fleet Support.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in structural analysis of various airframe structures.
- Experience of Aircraft maintenance and service procedures
- Experience with structural analysis of metallic and composite structures.
- Experience with static and fatigue analysis
- Knowledge of airplane operating environments
- Robust understanding of engineering fundamentals such as material properties, Free-body diagrams, structural loads and analysis methods
- Experience in utilizing FEM software (e.g., ABAQUS, PATRAN/NASTRAN, Hyperworks)
- Experience or training with computer programming languages (e.g., Matlab, Python, Visual Basic)
- Experience in utilizing industry CAD systems (e.g., NX/Teamcenter and CATIA/ENOVIA)
- Candidate demonstrates excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills to liaise with several Stakeholders
- Ability to work across functional teams and organizations
- Willingness to expand into technical areas without prior experience
- Desire to continuously improve our airplanes
Typical Education & Experience:
Typically, 9 to 12 years of related work experience. Advanced degree (e.g. Bachelor, Master, etc.) preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award