Experienced Systems Engineer - Operation CenterBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Sample Job Description for International:
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for two Experienced Systems Engineers – Operations Center to join their team in Bangalore, India.
A successful candidate will have knowledge and experience on multiple Heritage Boeing and Heritage Douglas models in hydro-mechanical systems, aircraft fluid systems, landing gear systems, payloads systems, environmental control systems, propulsion & fuel systems, electrical systems, avionics systems, flight controls systems, general systems design and repair, and systems troubleshooting.
• Apply broad knowledge of Boeing airplane design and/or engineering principles to solve Urgent/AOG system issues
• Solve technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer
• Assess system failures and develops solutions for continued safe operation of aircraft
• Design and/or provide analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service
• Conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for nonconformance’s
• Analyze reported problems for potential safety issues
• Develops solutions utilizing sound engineering logic, experience, and published data
• Provides troubleshooting assistance to customers via telephone
• Collaborates with other support groups to develop solutions
• Communicates with customers if additional information is needed or roadblocks arise
• Perform review of the requests and determine the best avenue for resolution
• Review outgoing messages for quality
• Correspond with Operators through BCS, e-mail, IM and telephone
• Acts as point of contact for incoming calls and BCS Service Requests
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate may be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
• Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent degree from an accredited course of study in an engineering discipline, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
• The position requires flexibility to work a nonstandard schedule, which may include working “7days-on/7days-off”, holidays and weekends, and second or third shift hours to support the Boeing fleet operating in a 24/7/365 environment
• 10 or more years related engineering experience
• The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
• ABET Accreditation is preferred
• Experience with Boeing aircraft data (hands on experience is a plus)
• Customer Service Experience
• Airframe and Powerplant license is advantageous
Typical Education & Experience: Engineering degree and 10 to 12 years related work experience, OR a Master's degree and 8 to 10 year related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position does offer relocation.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award