Hardware Requirements Systems EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. This is for a systems engineering (SE) position in the Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) team in the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS). As a member of this SEIT team, you will be responsible for developing and independently validating the requirements of Avionics Hardware parts, Sensors, LRU components, Perform requirements Management. Also, you will be responsible for Systems design, system level requirements development, Decomposing system requirements to lower level requirements, hardware unit level testing, and supports FAA certification documents Job Description:
- Demonstrate excellence in Development and Review of LRU Avionics hardware system requirements, preferably in Aerospace domain.
- Demonstrate excellence in Hardware System design, integration testing and hardware unit level testing
- Create Interface control Drawings, understand wiring diagrams, mechanical 2D/3D design models
- Develop Hardware test procedures and DO 160 Qualification test procedures.
- Should perform DO 254 compliant hardware unit level testing
- Perform Requirements Management in DOORS
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, functional requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Coordinates with engineering functions to define requirements related to safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialty engineering groups.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Present requirement, design and/or development revision and changes to formal change boards.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Capable of developing and independently reviewing system requirements for Avionics hardware Parts, Sensors, Aerospace components.
- Very Good understanding of DO 254 standards is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge in DO 160 Standards / MIL STD 704 & MIL STD 461 requirement is required.
- Hardware testing knowledge and Hands on experience in using test equipments is mandatory.
- Exposure to development of DO 160 Qualification test procedures, hardware test procedures is preferred.
- Hands on Experience on IBM Rational DOORS in Requirements Management is required
- Good experience on System design of Avionics LRU components is preferred
- Familiarity of Reliability calculations such as FMEA, FTA and Reliability Tools is an added advantage
- Strong Written, verbal communication with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff
- Experience in working with suppliers or other external stakeholders is preferred
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- INCOSE certification on Systems Engineering is an added advantage
- Detailed knowledge of FAA certification and airworthiness requirements is highly desired.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in test planning, setup, test development, execution, conducting tests in a lab or production environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in performing design, integration, and/or testing on avionics sub-systems, performing environmental testing (for example, Thermal Cycling and Vibration)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience with Test processes of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience with Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Setup/Programming
- Bachelors Engineering degree, Preferably Electrical / Systems Engineering with up to 7-12 years / Master's degree, with up to 5-10 years' related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6K8CI3 (645) - Systems Engineer 3 (Systems Engineering Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More