IT Software Developer - EHSBengaluru, Karnataka
Designs, programs, tests, implements, documents and maintains computing applications. Gathers and evaluates end user requirements. Writes and compiles code and constructs database objects based on documented design and analyzes information to determine architecture specifications, parameters for software compatibility, application security needs and other application architecture requirements. Modifies or upgrades applications to maintain software functionality. Identifies and resolves programming or application architecture problems. Reviews system performance and identifies and recommends improvements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Required Skills Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Software development/support skills include: designing, documenting, coding, user training, testing, and maintaining software computing applications. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- At least 8 years’ experience in development/implementation of small and/or large scale applications
- At least 8 years’ experience with .NET/C#/C++
- Rest API (JSON) Web Services
- SQL Server
- OOD&A Object Oriented Design and Analysis
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working within Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience with Enablon EHS software
- Experience in planning continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD (practice, teach)
- SAFe Certified
- Developing and maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system .
- Working in an Agile environment; participating in daily scrums and collaborating with team members
- Supporting the integration process for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products and Boeing software solutions to meet end user's requirements, utilizing standard methodologies and tools.
- Delivering code with first time quality utilizing industry best practices
- Boeing IT is launching a new strategic initiative called the Digital Transformation Environment (DTE). DTE is a digital accelerator focused on designing and building in-house solutions and differentiating capabilities to help Boeing compete in our second century. It is a key initiative under 2nd Century Enterprise Systems (2CES). Our focus is on innovative solutions implementing cutting-edge agile software development methodologies and user-centric design.
- This position will place you at the heart of a fast-paced, growing organization where you will have the opportunity to partner with project teams and enable them to internalize and apply these agile methodologies moving forward.
Technical bachelor's degree and typically 9-13 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with 8-12 or more years’ experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More