IT Software DeveloperBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Software development/support skills include: designing, documenting, coding, user training, testing, and maintaining software computing applications. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this
candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- 5-8 years’ experience in development/implementation of small and/or large scale applications
- 5-8 years’ experience with Java and/or .NET/C#
- Experience with Microservices and SOA
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working within Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with TDD and/or ATDD
- Experience in planning continuous integration and continuous delivery CI/CD (practice, teach)
- Cloud application development (AWS, Azure, CF)
Experience in Aerospace domain.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a high performing Software Developer for a new strategic initiative called the Digital Transformation Environment (DTE). DTE is a digital accelerator focused on designing and building in-house
solutions and differentiating capabilities to help Boeing compete in our second century. This position will align to the Business & Supply Chain Systems Information Technology team. Ideal candidates will have experience and desire to assist Boeing in internal cloud capabilities utilizing 12-factor application architecture utilizing Pivotal Cloud Foundry as the technology platform. The work will vary in support of technology obsolescence, development of new solutions, and establishment of data services and/or integrations. Development to be done primarily in a full agile paired programing methodology. Technical programmers trained in Cloud technology with superior JAVA and/or .net skills. Tasks will include analyzing applications, performing refactoring changes as needed, and migrating the application to Boeing’s Pivotal Cloud Foundry instance. Provide application support upon this migration. Skills required include:
- Experience in Software Development: contributing to DTE Software Development environment and tool chain
- Candidate will work with internal business partners and product owners to deliver products that delight end users
- Strong communication skills will be required to succeed in this job
- Work with product manager and UX designer to define application requirements and usability
- Practice and teach development in a paring model
- Utilize, practice and teach test-driven development TDD
- Knowledge: Apply extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts to deliver projects
- Problem Solving: Provide technical solutions and implementations to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity
- Discretion: Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Superior Java and/or .Net programming skills
- Advanced Experience and skill with Cloud programming
- Candidates must be willing to learn the new methodology and software development disciplines, as well as have a strong
- interest and passion for coaching and sharing knowledge.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 to 8 Years related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 4 to 7 Year's.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Individual Contributor - 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More