Lead Electronics Design and Analysis EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Job Title: Lead Electronics Design and Analysis Engineer
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering has an immediate opening for a Lead Electronics Design and Analysis Engineer for airworthy hardware design & development for variety of aerospace programs.
- The engineer will lead in analyzing customer and system requirements to develop architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products, for new designs and reverse engineering products.
- The engineer would be validating designs through various methods of review, testing and analysis and provides support throughout the lifecycle of the product. Shall lead the team through stage gate reviews and system reviews.
- Engineer is required to be hands on and provide technical leadership in design, development & production handover of airworthy hardware of the type - controllers, mission critical computing hardware, aircraft data bus interface hardware, multi-function displays, power distribution systems and integrated drive controllers. Engineer is expected to be process driven and lead development of processes as required. Engineer shall mentor the team over technical process excellence. He will own the technical performance of the hardware under development.
- Engineer shall coordinate with Program Engineering (Project, Design, Manufacturing, etc) to ensure safety of designs. Provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents. As a key role, candidate shall assist in estimates across hardware development lifecycle.
- This position supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development & customer engagement. This position will be located at Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Bachelor's in engineering degree or higher
- Experience in creating hardware designs for systems and products, from architecture.
- Experience leading engineering designs
- Experience in Design architecture for components and Sub Components
- Experience as a design architect to contribute towards safety and reliability design and analysis requirements
- Experience with digital electronic hardware design and analysis (PowerPC processors, Printed Circuit boards, VME Bus, PCI Bus, CPCI, XMC, VPX, DDR, JTAG, Memories, Xilinx, Actel, Processors, Multiprocessor SoC, Processor bring up, mixed signal designs like ADC/DAC etc)
- Experience with Analog/Power electronics (amplifier, filter, power supply, analog circuit designs, sensor and controllers),
- Experience with EMI/EMC/ESD concepts, good understanding of grounding/shielding concepts and electromechanical design/Chassis design.
- Knowledge of electromechanical packaging methodology (thermal analysis, vibration analysis, component fatigue, shock analysis, high voltage electronic packaging)
- Knowledge of Manufacturing of Electronic Assemblies (manufacturing readiness assessments, Rapid Prototyping, electronics manufacturing)
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive demeanor and highest ethics.
- Proactively seek information and direction to optimally complete the statement of work.
- Should able to work collaboratively with multi-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Be proficient in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- High Speed signal designs for multi-core processor environments and aircraft bus interfaces.
- Circuit Design and Analysis for Avionics and Space applications with an application of Six Sigma principles preferably.
- Avionics sensor interface designs (Resolvers/Synchro, ADC, DAC), Avionics Power supply design.
- Avionics grounding concepts and EMC solutions.
- Exposure to Aerospace standards like DO-160, DO-254 & DO-178.
- Sound knowledge of Avionics Hardware development process.
- Working experience of APQP practices
- Developing and validating requirements and interface definitions. Creating new designs.
- Verifying designs and performance via component, system-level and airplane-level testing. Participate in design reviews and engage in supplier coordination.
- Ability to create hardware software partitioning and validate requirements to integrate functional requirements/testing
- Design for Manufacturing and Design for Testing.
- Understanding of configuration management, requirements traceability (DOORS) and related processes.
Typical Education & Experience:
Typically, 12 to 16 years' related work experience. Advanced degree (e.g. Bachelors or Master degree in electronics engineering or equivalent discipline) preferred.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award