Mechanical Design Engineer - Actuation SystemsBengaluru, Karnataka
Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements and investigates actions necessary for requirements definition and flow-down improvement. Performs and documents design of Guidance, Navigation, and Control (GNC) systems and guides experienced engineers in performance of the designs. Develops GNC and mathematical tools and techniques and aids in developing Technology roadmaps. Performs or directs test data analysis and documentation. Presents findings of compliance to regulatory agencies, negotiates certification basis in alignment project goals, simulation and design review per FAA, MIL-SPEC and NASA guidance. Trains and coaches others. Works under minimal direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. The Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) is looking for innovative mechanical engineers to join a team of talented engineers to design aerospace actuators used across commercial and defense products. Actuators are used across the Boeing product line in many applications within the flight control systems, landing gear systems, environmental control systems, fuel systems, and propulsion systems, and for passenger and cargo doors. BIETC will have equipment detail design responsibility for linear-hydraulic actuators, which are comprised of a piston and cylinder, and may include a manifold and integral components such as valves, sensors, and plugs. Design teams may also assist with other actuator types such as gearboxes, transmissions, rotary actuators, electro-mechanical actuators, and valves Job Description: This Engineering position will focus on detail actuation design serving both current production (e.g., 737, 767, 777, 787) and future airplanes (e.g., 777X, NMA), as well as defense products. The assignment will include: Work to ensure world-class Actuation equipment through detailed design and collaboration with other Boeing design teams in the United States. Collaboration may also be required with teams defining requirements, conducting tests, and performing stress and performance analysis. Desired Skills:
- Lead the Design and Development of linear hydraulic actuator system.
- Develop system requirements.
- Drive the project management and communicate the risk, issues and opportunities efficiently.
- Drive value engineering on existing and products /systems.
- Drive TRL projects and develop cost effective technological solutions.
- Interface with cross functional teams in product development to percolate the technical and program requirements.
- Develop integrated project plan and drive the program to achieve success on all toll gate reviews.
- Drive innovation across the team and create strategic intellectual properties.
- Drive the culture of quality deployment and share across.
- Develop and review standard work for product design and development activities.
- Drive and ensure the delivery and quality metrics meet and exceed expectations.
- Guide and Mentor engineers to excel in delivering the safe, reliable, cost effective and efficient products.
- Engineering degree and 13 to 16 years of related work experience, a Master's degree and 12 to 15 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6E3DI4 (617) - Guidance Nav & Control Engr 4 (Guidance, Nav & Controls Engr
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More