Mobile Technical Support SpecialistBengaluru, Karnataka
Identifies, evaluates and documents basic computing system requirements. Assists in the design, build and test of delivery systems and components. Provides basic technical support for delivery systems components.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Mobile Technical Support Specialist to join The Enterprise End User Services (EUS) organization in India. In this role the selected candidate will serve an integral role in the development and
maintenance of the Boeing Mobile infrastructure worldwide, providing level three support for the Mobile Infrastructure as well as quality assurance expertise for all things Mobile.
We are looking for an individual that has a passion for mobile technology, helping end users, as well as creating a better product through testing, development, and feedback. The selected candidate will be part of a team that collaborates with numerous teams from across the Mobile enterprise to understand their needs and translate that into requirements while continuously focusing on usability and support for the end users.
Provide critical level three support for Mobile Infrastructure (Network & Transport, Security & Connectivity, Device, Application management & Release Management) for the following services: Mobile Broadband/Wi-Fi, Certificate (PKI) & VPN, AirWatch, Samsung KNOX enabled Android devices, Android, and iOS.
Provide testing support for hardware (e.g. smart phones, tablets, etc.) and programs/applications for release within the Boeing Mobile ecosystem.
End User Technical Support
- Responding to and resolving end user problems and queries related to Mobile Product & Services offering
- Contribute to Mobile Website FAQ & Self Help articles
- Gather feedback, data and trends related to Service Management improvements for Mobile Products & Services by
collaborating with Enterprise Help Desk and other support teams
- Contribute feedback and process improvement ideas to the continuous development of Service Assurance Handbook
- Role will also involve some customer engagement activities; working with customer groups to validate satisfaction with
services and verify business needs are being met by additional device offerings
Quality Assurance Support
- Verify functionality of new programs and applications for release within the Mobile Infrastructure
- Gathers and evaluates end user requirements
- Creates and maintains test scripts and suites
- Assists in the creation of test plans, bug tracking, and status
- 3 or more years of end user technical support related role
- 3 or more years of Quality Assurance Testing, preferably on a Mobile platform (iOS and/or Android)
- High level understanding of iOS and Android Mobile device functionality
- Support for on-call status during off-hours on assigned days
- Excellent people skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Strong technical aptitude and Self-starter / Independent worker / Dependable
- Some understanding of windows Systems Administration tasks for maintaining Infrastructure Services
- Some understanding of Networking technologies for server administration
- Some understanding of Windows Active Directory – users / groups / policies
- 1 or more years’ experience in programming software / applications for iOS and/or Android Mobile devices
- Experience working in Software Databases
- Experience in Scripting (e.g. PowerShell)
- Leadership experience
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any
applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
- Bachelor's degree with 5 to 8 Years of experience or Master’s degree with 4 to 7 Years related work experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More