With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
As Scrum master you will be the guardian of Scrum Team, someone that resolves impediments and have influence over the scrum processes. Everything from coaching team about agile scrum, facilitating the scrum ceremonies, releasing potentially shippable software. You must execute the backlog in consultation by product owner/manager, making sure that deliverables are on time with production quality. You need to be involved in team conflict resolution and must have excellent communication skills. You must be actively involved in technical matters thus finding out the gaps and ensuring product owner involvement in business decision and description of the functional flow.
Exhibits Lean-Agile Leadership - Helps the team embrace SAFe Core Values, adopt and apply SAFe Principles and implement SAFe practices.
Facilitates preparation and readiness of ART Events - Work with the team/other Scrum Masters/Stakeholders/RTM to effectively plan the Program Increments (for the specific Scrum team)
Capacity Planning: Check availability of resources in one’s own team/dependent resources from any other team
Understand the priority of the requirements from business and work with /guide the team to estimate in story points (establish normalize estimates) and commit based on the known average velocity/capacity of the team
Work with the Product Owner/Business team in effective Pre-PI Planning
Prepare Internal Team Milestones with dates (for Eg: Coding complete and code checked in, User Guide/Release notes inputs complete, demo with PO/Business team etc) and ensures they are in line with the PI Milestone dates. Reviews with
- RTM and publishes to team/business.
- Risks/Issues are documented, addressed and escalated as appropriate.
- Organize and facilitate Scrum Ceremonies during every PI (Ensures that the Scrum processes agreed are followed.)
- Note: Sprint Planning, Daily stand-ups, Sprint Backlog refinements, Sprint reviews, Sprint Demos, Sprint retrospectives
- Facilitates the team’s progress toward team goals - Plan and track the team's progress regularly to ensure PI commitments are met. Report any impediments/dependencies, risks and issues on delivery commitments as early as possible to the RTM. The Scrum Master ensures that the team is fully functional and productive. Works towards improving the productivity of the development team in any way possible.
- Helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps team operate well on the Agile Release Train - Collaborates actively with other Scrum masters (Meta Scrum/Scrum of scrums) Discussing any dependencies Share team updates
- Adopting and sharing any best practices
- Communicate any change requests, its analysis and the solution proposal from the team to the RTM.
- Provide all needed support to the Scrum Team using a servant leadership style (by using persuasion rather than authority) and leading by example.
- Guide & coach (by asking powerful questions that are thought provoking) the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and values. Goal: Happy stakeholders/Fostering Self Organization- Issues should be removed by the team wherever possible. Makes the development team aware of the Scrum values.
- Supports the team rules - Guide and coach the Scrum Team regularly on applying the Agile mindset/best practices/ rules to their work processes. Drives Agile behavior in teams & ensures that the team is fully functional, productive and valuable. The Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them.
- Facilitate discussion and decision-making on identifying gaps and how to fill them appropriately.
- Fosters team collaboration and helps in resolving conflicts
- Supports the PO- Support/Discuss with the Product Owners, especially with the objective to refine and manage the respective product backlog. (Goal: Improve the Product Owners effectiveness by helping maintain the Product Backlog and ensures User Stories are detailed enough)
- Leads team efforts in relentless improvement- Identify and propose areas for improvement and issues affecting effectiveness that the Teams themselves might not be aware of. Work with the RTM/Engg Manager based on the type of the issue.
- Eliminates Impediments - Remove impediments (road blocks) for the development team (or guide the team to remove dependencies / impediments where appropriate) by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Thrives on Responsibility - to maximize the throughput of the team, assumes no authority, Showcases Leadership and guidance to team
- Humble – Willing to do whatever is necessary to help the team achieve its goal, leads by example to recognize the value in all team members
- Collaborative – Ensures a collaborative culture exists within the team, if not, create such an environment for team to have open and honest conversations.
- Committed – To following Scrum ceremonies, cadence, addressing impediments, supporting team in meeting the commitments
- Influential – Should know to exert influence without resorting to being dictatorial; Active participation in spreading Agile mindset within the business unit / organization through coaching, trainings, leading CoEs/CoPs across the company
- Knowledgeable – Have technical known-how (enough to effectively lead the team), product and market understanding or other specialized knowledge to help the team pursue its goal.
- Manages external interfaces as needed
- People issues – Engg Manager
- Project Issues – RTM
- Technical Issues if not possible to be resolved internally – Architect
- Encourage/coach team members to communicate in English language in a simple and positive manner.
- Communicate regularly with the Engg manager regarding issues identified within the team, steps taken to correct, any help needed.
- Minimum 9 +years’ experience in software development, of which at least 4-5 years successfully performing Scrum Master role.
- Certified SCRUM MASTER
- Strong Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc
- Good Fundamentals on Agile Methodology is mandatory.
- CSM [Certified Scrum Master]/ Any Agile Certifications is strongly preferred
- Exposure for Tools like JIRA, Jama, and Confluence is preferred.
- Mentorship skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Good Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that he can explain other methodologies to motivate his team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand your team needs.
- You should have knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous
- Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand your commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor's degree in science, technology, applied mathematics or engineering is required and Master’s degree would be preferred.
- Minimum 9+ years’ experience in software development, of which at least 4-5 years successfully performing Scrum Master role.
- Certified SCRUM MASTER.
- Experience working in a global organization is preferred.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.