Senior ASIC/FPGA Verification EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us
- The Boeing Center in India is looking for experienced Lead ASIC/FPGA Verification Engineer to support for a variety of aerospace programs. Engineer will lead in analyzing customer and system requirements to develop architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- The selected candidate will utilize high-level architectural documentation along with algorithm descriptions to create self-checking and reusable test benches from scratch
- This position will develop Functional Coverage Models and Closing Code Coverage. Utilize UVM to create drivers, monitors, predictors, and scoreboards
- This position will be responsible for developing various electronic products consistent with requirements and specifications.
- The selected individual will identify, track and provide status & technical performance of assigned work to ensure compliance with requirements.
- This position will work in verification of ASIC/FPGA for various electronic products & LRUs of Aircraft components.
- Design experience with microcontroller/microprocessor interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN bus, ARINC 825 bus, memory interfaces such as SDRAM controllers, Flash, SRAM, serial interfaces (MIL STD 1553, ARINC 429, RS422, RS485, AFDX, ARINC 664, high speed seral I/Fs etc) and FPGA using Microsemi, Xilinx, Lattice, Altera, Smartfusion, ProASIC3 etc.
- The selected individual shall be familiar with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs to ensure electrical integrity into embedded applications.
- Candidate shall coordinate with Program Engineering (Project, Design, Manufacturing, etc) to ensure safety of designs. Provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents. This positions supports initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development & customer engagement
- This position will be located at Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
- Experienced in Hands on Architecture and Deployment of UVM/UVMf Test Bench from requirements to integration is a must.
- Experience with tools and emulators (Palladium, Veloce, Mentor Questa Advanced Simulator, Mentor’s UVMf Framework)
- Experience with SystemVerilog Assertions, code coverage, formal verification techniques and mixed HDL simulation.
- Proficiency with hardware verification languages: System Verilog, System Verilog Assertions
- Ability to executable test plans
- Proficiency with Object Oriented Programming Concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Ability to create self-checking and reusable test benches from scratch
- Experience developing Functional Coverage Models and Closing Code Coverage
- Experience developing UVM/UVMf testbench components such as drivers, monitors, predictors, scoreboards and coverage collectors
- Proficient in scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience generating random and directed test cases, debugging failures, and analyzing functional coverage.
- Revision Control Systems: svn, cvs, git
- Proficient in Linux Environments
- Demonstrated history of 1st pass success with ASIC designs.
- Proficiency in using VHDL and/or Verilog at all levels of abstraction for extensive applications upon high reliability and safety critical systems. Proficiency in high level synthesis with C++/OPENCL is an added plus.
- Participation and preparation for Stage of Involvement audits, design and verification traceability analysis, and defending artifacts to FAA, ANAC, EASA etc.
- Understanding of configuration management, requirements traceability (DOORS) and related processes.
- Exposure to Aerospace standards like DO-160, DO-254 & DO-178 is an added advantage
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics.
- Proactively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools.
- Bachelors in engineering preferably in electronics / software or equivalent discipline with 8 or more years' experience in UVM Based Verification methods along with 2 years of RTL Coding
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More