Senior Manager - Electronic ProductsBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) has an immediate opening for a Senior Manager – Electronic Products who will be responsible for developing and managing electronics engineering functional area as well as support supplier base. The selected individual would implement Boeing’s Strategy as it relates to Electronics Engineering at India. This position will be located at Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
- Electronic Products spans across Power, Digital, Analog, RF/Microwave, Photonics, ASICs, electromechanical packaging and key supplier partnerships. Electronic Products team typically develops high reliability electronics for Space, commercial & defense aircraft applications.
- The selected individual will be responsible for skill development, capacity planning and functional excellence. As execution leader at India, the selected candidate will be accountable to the program leaders for projects being executed in India.
- The selected individual will manage a team of managers & engineers and ensure execution of various work-statement being performed by them. The selected individual will also support identification and development of innovative production engineering technologies.
- This position will engage with stakeholders to develop integrated departmental strategies, goals and objectives, to be consistent with the Enterprise as well as India Engineering and Technology strategy. This position develops and maintains relationships / partnerships with customers, suppliers, peers, partners and direct reports to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- This position will acquire resources for in-country activities, provide technical oversight of employees and suppliers, and lead process improvements to meet the requirements of internal stakeholders. This position also motivates, develops and manages employees and first-level managers to achieve outstanding technical and business outcomes.
- This position will provide project management guidance to and administer multiple projects, develop and administer budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- This position provides periodic updates to Boeing executive management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. This position will also be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing organizations around the world.
- This position will support initiatives of Boeing India Engineering and Technology organization related to employee development, customer engagement, strategic relations, Government interactions, etc.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Knowledge and deep understanding of state-of-the-art technologies, policies and procedures related to production engineering and related areas. Knowledge of skills, abilities and tools required by employees to accomplish organizational responsibilities.
- Past experience and demonstrated ability to manage large teams in aerospace domain, preferably in Electronics engineering area. Skilled in advising and mentoring subordinate managers or staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational problems.
- Technical and Project Management skills to lead a diverse team consisting of Boeing personnel and partners.
- Exceptional business judgment and strong strategic counseling skills. Must be results-driven and have a strong bottom-line orientation.
- Teamwork is important in this position; individual must have strong team building skills. Must have ability to accomplish results through subordinate managers or non-management employees, colleagues in other parts of Boeing, and partners, even when they are not direct reports. Ability to work well on virtual teams across multiple time-zones.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Strategic thinking and execution – must be able to develop knowledge and communicate with engineering and technology organizations, identify capacity/capability to perform current and projected engineering work statement and research, conduct on-site evaluations and assessments as to the strengths to perform these activities.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work, and connect technology to business considerations (e.g., ROI). Candidate must be fluent in English, and familiar with MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach subordinates and partners to accomplish project and departmental goals and objectives.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (preferably in Electrical/ Electronic or equivalent discipline) with 15 or more years’ experience preferably in an aerospace company. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration will be a plus.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+14 years' related work experience etc.).
This position offers relocation within India.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.