Senior Procurement Agent(Direct)Bengaluru, Karnataka
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing Global Services has outstanding opportunities for Procurement Agents to join our team in Bangalore, India. We
are setting up a team in India to support the transactional procurement activities for BGS. Commodities include, but are not limited to: Fasteners, Consumables and Standard Parts. Contract types include single purchase orders as well as managing long term agreements. This position requires a highly motivated professional to work through the procurement process and manage post award activities.
Responsibilities Include Leading the Following Activities:
- Performing continuous review and analysis of demand and supply
- Preparing proprietary information agreements
- Communicating performance expectations and metrics to evaluate and monitor supplier performance
- Coordinating and documenting internal and external customer requirements
- Identifying sources of supply/demand variation. Monitoring schedules and adjusting inventory balances
- Identifying problems and maintaining priorities for work in process
- Communicating across functions to report risks and issues.
- Participating in the new business acquisition process. Assists in conducting bidder conferences.
- Gathering performance data to monitor supplier capability, capacity and business health
- Participating in supplier performance reviews and cross functional improvement teams
- Participating in root cause analysis and development of improvement plans and monitoring progress
- Maintaining relationships and communications with internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Ensuring import and export requirements are met. Identifying and reports suspect problems
The following activities will be led by US based procurement teams. The individual in this role will support the following activities as needed through research, analysis and gathering of information.
- Supporting sourcing strategies
- Executing proprietary information agreements
- Supporting negotiations and documenting of contracts and agreements
- Conducting source selections, negotiating and documenting purchase contracts and binding agreements within
procurement commitment authority
- Administering contract/contract changes. Enforcing contract terms and conditions
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any
applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not
part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY
AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED
WITH THIS POSITION.
Qualifications - External
- Technical Diploma or Bachelor's degree with 8 or more years' related work experience (in Supplier Management/Chain or equivalent).
- Strong oral and written English language skills
- Demonstrated ability to reduce cost in procurements
- Proficient and experienced working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Master's degree / MBA
- Financial and Technical acumen
- Working knowledge of “should cost” modeling in a financial analysis
“This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility”
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
HAACI3 (H17) - Procurement Agent 3 (Procurement Agent
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More