Senior Software Developer - PythonBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a high performing software developer to join the Product Systems build team. The Product Systems build team provides comprehensive software solutions to rapidly access and visually transform complex engineering and manufacturing product data. Job requires candidate having experience in different programming languages and platforms, working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Candidate must be adaptive and quick learner. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Help design and implement functional requirements.
- Build efficient back-end features in python.
- Good Analytical and logical skills on python development.
- Integrate front-end components into applications.
- Prepare technical documentation.
- Strong Leadership Skills.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers to implement design into the code.
- Coach junior team members.
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Complete knowledge of software architecture and design methodologies. Ability to synthesize software architectures and designs that meet requirements, characteristics and constraints.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions.
Basic Qualification(Skills/ Experience):
- Hands-on Python development
- Solid experience as Python Developer.
- Strong Knowledge on Design Patterns and OOPS concepts.
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, and Bottle).
- Understand multi-process architecture.
- Familiarity with Web Services and REST API.
- Understanding of databases like versant database and SQL.
- Good knowledge on TCL Scripting.
- Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban).
- Strong DevOps - GIT/GITLab and Jenkins and Software Engineering Best Practices.
- Experience with Java - full stack development is an added advantage.
- Complete knowledge of the concepts and processes of managing a software system throughout the entire life cycle. Ability to participate in all stages of the software development life cycle.
- Must have excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills to work in a globally distributed team.
- Experience in Aerospace System Engineering domain is an added advantage.
- Analytics and machine learning would be an added advantage.
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 8 - 12 years' related work experience or a Master’s Degree with typically 7 - 11 years or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific, or information technology field of study.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More