Software Architect Test
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Software Architect Test
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
The Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) is looking for highly-motivated software Engineers. As a software Engineer, you will be part of the Boeing Avionics team and will focus on real-time system software development. In this position you will develop and maintain the Test strategy, Test framework, Software tests and trace data for onboard avionics software systems.
• Define and maintain the Test Framework and Strategy for multiple products in a DAL Level D product line.
• Maintain Software verification plan and responsible the overall product Quality.
• Ensure 100% software verification of Tier 4 Software requirements.
• Develop automated Test scenarios to test Tier 4 Software requirements
• Perform Estimation of Software testing effort.
• Ensure Software integration test Scripts to verify the correct implementation of Tier 4 requirements
• Establish traceability from Tier 4 requirements to test.
• Perform peer review on System and Software Requirements and Test.
• Support SRR (Systems Requirements Review), PDR (Preliminary Design Reviews), CDR (Critical Design Reviews), TRR (Test Readiness Review) and Formal Qualification.
• Support project management by providing periodic status and required metrics data.
• Be a good team player in the agile team. Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in Requirement/Test development and reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
• Be dynamic and support management and leads to ensure successful product deliveries.
• Identify, communicate and mitigate the Risk, issues and Opportunities on a timely manner.
• Strong knowledge on Software verification process using DO178C for DAL A to E.
• Excellent in Requirement Based Testing approaches and Test coverage analysis.
• Experience in Defining the Software Test environment and Test Framework for a Product certification.
• Experience in Leading Test readiness Reviews (TRR) for a product.
• Systems Thinking - Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
• Analytical Skills - Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
• Be Leader - Lead with courage and passion. Focus on high value priorities. Inspire and energize others. Drive progress with innovation. Always Act with integrity and humility.
• Experience in Software Testing for a DAL Level D Product/ Product line.
• Experience in managing Test cases using DOORs.
• Experience in developing software Test scripts using Python.
• Experience on using simulators, emulators, ATEs and various test environments.
• Experience with configuration management tools (Atlassian Suites) and processes.
• Experience in communication protocols like ARINC 664, ARINC 429, ARINC 661, UDP etc.
• Knowledge on System Engineering.
Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree and minimum 10 years of related work experience in Avionics System Software Verification & Validation and certification as per DO178 Guideline.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.