Software Developer- JAVABengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a high performing versatile software developer to join the Product Systems build team. The Product Systems build team provides comprehensive software solutions to rapidly access and visually transform complex engineering and manufacturing product data. Responsibilities include development and integration for a variety of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) and in house software application supporting our engineering/manufacturing teams. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Good communication skills are needed both verbally and written, to Interact with peers and customers. Job requires the ability to work well with others on a team as well as independently. Job requires working within a diverse team of skilled and motivated co-workers to collaborate on results. Other qualities for this candidate are a positive attitude, self-motivated, the ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and the ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Basic Qualification(Skills/ Experience):
- Understands and develops software solutions to meet end user's requirements. Ensures that application integrates with overall system architecture, utilizing standard IT lifecycle methodologies and tools. Develops algorithms, data and process models, plans interfaces and writes interface control documents for use in construction of solutions of moderate complexity.
- Should have strong experience in object-oriented programming , Java/J2EE applications and advanced concepts
- Strong knowledge of Struts, Hibernate, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, JSF.
- Strong knowledge in JSON, XML, XPATH and XSLT.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and deploying high-volume, multi-tiered, distributed mission critical applications.
- Strong work ethic, communication skills & good time management with ability to lead diverse teams, meetings and stakeholders’ meetings.
- Ability to develop new and innovative applications as well as maintaining existing code.
- Good understanding of Relational database experience and demonstrated abilities in SQL and data modelling is required.
- Experience in application integration/migration with both COTS and In-House applications required (through a middleware SOA solution)
- Complete ability to manage all software configuration items, installation and cutover of the computing products within a given scope.
- Have experience in ALM tools (GitLab, TFS, Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, SonarQube, Ansible, Urbancode, ClearCase, SVN).
- Excellent Presentation and communication skills to work in a globally distributed team
- Working exposure with Agile (Scrum & XP ) and DevOps is a must
- Should have solid experience as technical mentor for team members
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More