Software EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
Assists with the development, documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Supports software project management and software supplier management functions. Selects, tailors and deploys processes and tools; establishes metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Troubleshoots software issues. Works under general supervision.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. The Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) is looking for highly-motivated Test Engineers in Flight Management Systems. As a Test Engineer, you will be part of the Boeing Avionics team and will focus on verification and validation of flight management systems. In this position you will develop and verify requirements, Design, Code, design and develop Integration tests and traces for onboard avionics software systems. Job Description:
- Develop Test Scenarios to verify and validate requirements.
- Develop Test Cases and Test Procedures for verifying Flight Management Software
- Develop Tests in Python as per high level and low level requirements, including unit tests
- Develop Software integration test Scripts to verify the correct implementation of Tier 4 requirements
- Establish traceability from Tier 3 requirements to test.
- Perform peer review on System and Software Requirements, Design, and Test.
- Be a good team player in the agile team. Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in Requirement/Design/Code/Test reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
- Identify, communicate and mitigate the Risk, issues and Opportunities on a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge on Software development & verification process using DO178
- Experience using application Agile development processes and tools, build and configuration management tools and processes, test processes, automation strategy, functional requirements specification.
- Experience with Project/Build/configuration management tools (e.g. Atlassian Tool Suites) and processes.
- Strong Avionics domain knowledge or preferred on modern Flight Management Systems (FMS).
- Experience in the verification of complex avionics or embedded systems.
- Excellent programming skills using C++ / Python.
- Familiarity with MATLAB Model Based development.
- Experience in Software Build, integration and Debugging in Simulated and integration Environment.
- Systems Thinking - Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
- Analytical Skills - Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
- Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree and 5 to 8 years of related work experience in Embedded Avionics System Software development, Validation/Verification, Functional Integration and certification.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6J7BI2 (641) - Software Engineer 2 (Software Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More