Software EngineerBengaluru, Karnataka
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers.
The Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) is looking for highly-motivated software Engineers. As a software Engineer, you will be part of the Boeing Avionics team and will focus on real-time system software development. In this position you will develop and maintain the Software Design, Code, integration tests and trace data for onboard avionics software systems.
• Develop SW code in C++ as per Software Requirements & design and perform unit testing.
• Develop Software integration test Scripts to verify the correct implementation of requirements
• Establish traceability from requirements to SW Code and Test.
• Perform peer review on Software Requirements, Design, Code and Test.
• Support CDR (Critical Design Reviews), TRR (Test Readiness Review) and Formal Qualification.
• Support project management by providing periodic status and required metrics data.
• Be a good team player in the agile team. Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in Design/Code/Test development and reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
• Be dynamic and support management and leads to ensure successful product deliveries.
• Identify, communicate and mitigate the Risk, issues and Opportunities on a timely manner.
Excellent programming skills using C++.
• Good knowledge on Embedded Software development & verification activities.
• Experience in SW development using DEOS/Linux/ Vxworks or any Real time Operating system environment.
• Experience in Software Build, integration and Debugging in Simulated and integration Lab Environment.
• Systems Thinking - Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans and anticipate future events.
• Analytical Skills - Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
Bachelor or Master of Engineering degree and 1 to 4 years of related work experience in Avionics or Embedded System Software development and functional Integration.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
6J7BI1 (641) - Software Engineer 1 (Software Engineer
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More