With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
The Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center (BIETC) is looking for highly-motivated Software Engineers.
You will be part of the Boeing Avionics Team and will focus on software utilities’ development. In this position you will develop requirements, algorithms, interfaces, and designs for our product lines. Software development will include integration of software components into a fully functional software system.
- Utilize modern object oriented computer programming techniques and agile programming methodologies
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Requires experience across the software development lifecycle: architecture, design, code, integration and test
- Document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for cloud based web applications
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design methods, with coding experience in Java
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and/or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Java and XML Technologies (Java 8/9/10, JAXB, BaseX)
- Web Applications/Services (Spring Boot/REST)
- Databases (both NoSQL and RDBMS) – MySQL, PostgreSQL, Graph DB, Mongo DB
- Micro service Architecture and Design
- Cloud Native Java Development (Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, S3, RabbitMQ)
- Functional testing frameworks and tools – Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkins
- Strong skills with Linux/UNIX development and deployment environments
- Experience with performance tuning and scaling distributed cloud based applications.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Atlassian Suite familiarity (Jira, BitBucket, Bamboo, Confluence)
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate with stakeholders of different backgrounds and skill levels
- Proficient in Agile software development methodologies
- Strong inclination to learn new technologies, techniques and tools and coach members of the team if required.
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Experience in Aerospace domain will be preferred but is not mandatory.
- Experience with DO178C/DO330 or Safety Critical Software will be preferred.
Education Qualifications & Experience:
Engineering degree and 5 to 8 years of related work experience, a Master's degree and 4 to 7 years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.