With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Phantom Works – International, India is Boeing’s leading advanced decision support facility. It’s technical team is responsible for requirement analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance and technical documentation of simulation projects and software applications. This position is for a member of the technical team and is responsible for development of simulation applications, software application integration, software development process implementation, development of prototype software application, user interface application, generation of a Synthetic environment for simulation, integration of 3rd party software applications, and providing support to the operation analyst team.
The position is office based but may require short-term travel to customer sites and/or Boeing international facilities and attend conferences for business requirements.
Job responsibility required:
- Demonstrated ability to develop large and complex defense related simulation systems.
- Knowledge on defense experimentation, modeling and simulation.
- Programming: C, C++, C#, Qt, and web technologies (ASP.NET MVC, HTML,CSS, JQuery, IIS,etc)
- Database: MSSQL, SQLite,
- DIS/HLA simulation standards, knowledge on COTS simulation software for defense applications, experience on continuous simulation modeling and discrete event simulation.
- Software development process improvement, configuration management, release management,
- Experience with System and software requirements definition and documentation, software lifecycle, systems integration, software development process improvement, configuration management and release management.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Expect candidate to have strong interpersonal, teaming, customer interaction, and ability to handle multiple activities / priorities effectively in a multicultural, multi ethnic, multinational environment. The candidate will be result oriented, self-starter innovative with new approaches to design work, and critical thinking skills to solve technical problems and also to drive to root cause.
- Experience in developing system architecture for defense simulation applications considering operational needs and requirements of the (internal or external ) customer,
- Experience in object oriented analysis and design, agile methodology and technical leadership.
- Strong communication and ability to work well in a small team are essential.
- Hold a degree, or equivalent in Engineering. Masters in Engineering / Technology is preferred.
- Experience in Modeling and Simulation application development for defense applications.
- Candidate must be able to work with cross-functional engineers (integration, verification, software, systems) and operational analysts in a globalized team environment.
- Experience in programming language C, C++, C#, ASP.Net and Web application development.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology
- 5+ year of simulation systems / software development experience
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.