Sr Product ManagerBengaluru, Karnataka
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are looking for passionate Product Management professionals who know how to define, de-risk and execute against a product vision. You will work to create, own, and continuously improve strategic and tactical plans for your product. You must also be able to engage our internal customer’s management with discussions about methodologies, culture, and best practices.
This is a collaborative role that requires being able to work with internal customers and colleagues in co-located and integrated product teams. The role demands strong product instincts, excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility, an understanding of the product vs. project mindset, and an appreciation for and ability to teach agile, lean startup, and user-centered design values, principles and practices. A successful candidate must be willing to contribute to the development of the methodology and product management discipline.
Researches complex or multiple processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design. Consults with customers to clarify and refine complex requirements. Interprets and translates complex requirements into functional specifications. Leads and performs activities to develop and execute tests to validate system functionality against specifications.
• Must have experience in managing product backlog, writing user stories, and managing releases.
• Must have experience working in Agile Methodologies (eg. Scrum, Kanban)
• Must have experience working representing team with stakeholders.
• Must have experience working on test approaches and prioritization with development teams.
• Extensive domain experience in Manufacturing industry and Aerospace/Automotive domain and supplier as well as supplier quality management.
• Understanding of system architectures and ensuring that application integrates well in the overall system architecture
• Must be able to understand product vision as well as the end-customer requirements to dictate system requirements in order to drive product backlog grooming as well as development.
• Extensive knowledge of customer's/supplier's organization, processes, policies and procedures, products, requirements, capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, constraints, etc.
• Must have excellent system level analysis skills.
• Consistently clarifies expected behaviors, knowledge, and level of proficiency by guiding, seeking and giving information and checking for understanding. Consistently provides instruction, positive models, and opportunities for observation in order to help other project managers.
• Should have an eye for UX/UI designing.
• Should have ability to cope and understand technicalities in Java web development stack.
• Excellent communication skills to work in a globally distributed team.
• System level debugging skills.
• Experience in building/leveraging DevOps.
• Eye for user-focused design.
• Extensive knowledge of the concepts, processes, and philosophies involved with managing a software system throughout the entire life cycle. Ability to participate in all stages of the software development life cycle.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an emphasis on visualizing and understanding data.
• Extensive ability to build computing systems from a variety of components to provide a business solution, including the ability to integrate application components and databases across computing platforms.
• Ability to interface with multiple teams in order to remove roadblocks for the team
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 10 to14 Years related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 8 to 10 Year's. A technical degree is defined as any four year degree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVE AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More