Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This is for a systems engineering (SE) position in the Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) team in the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS). As a member of this SEIT team, you will be responsible for developing and independently validating the requirements of Avionics Hardware parts, Sensors, LRU components, Perform requirements Management. Also, you will be responsible for Systems design, system level requirements development, Decomposing system requirements to lower level requirements, hardware unit level testing, and supports FAA certification documents
Specific responsibilities include:
- Demonstrate excellence in Development and Review of LRU Avionics hardware system requirements, preferably in Aerospace domain.
- Demonstrate excellence in Hardware System Architecture design, integration testing and hardware unit level testing
- Create Interface control Drawings, understand wiring diagrams, mechanical 2D/3D design models
- Create DFMEA and other safety analysis artefacts
- Develop Hardware test procedures and DO 160 Qualification test procedures.
- Should perform DO 254 compliant hardware unit level testing
- Perform Requirements Management in DOORS or equivalent
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system performance requirements, functional requirements and regulatory requirements.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Coordinates with engineering functions to define requirements related to safety, reliability, maintainability, testability, human systems integration, survivability, vulnerability, susceptibility, system security, regulatory, certification, product assurance and other specialty engineering groups.
- Develops the planning, organization, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Present requirement, design and/or development revision and changes to formal change boards.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Capable of developing and independently reviewing system requirements for Avionics hardware Parts, Sensors, Aerospace components.
- Very Good understanding of DO 254 standards is mandatory
- Strong knowledge in DO 160 Standards / MIL STD 704 & MIL STD 461 requirement is required
- Hardware testing knowledge and Hands on experience in using test equipments is mandatory
- Exposure to development of DO 160 Qualification test procedures, hardware test procedures is preferred
- Hands on Experience on IBM Rational DOORS in Requirements Management is required
- Good experience on System design of Avionics LRU components is preferred
- Familiarity of Reliability calculations such as FMEA, FTA and Reliability Tools is an added advantage
- Strong Written, verbal communication with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff
- Experience in working with suppliers or other external stakeholders is preferred
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment
- INCOSE certification on Systems Engineering is an added advantage
- Detailed knowledge of FAA certification and airworthiness requirements is highly desired.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in test planning, setup, test development, execution, conducting tests in a lab or production environment
- Must have a minimum of 2 year experience in performing design, integration, and/or testing on avionics sub-systems, performing environmental testing (for example, Thermal Cycling and Vibration)
- Must have a minimum of 2 year experience with Test processes of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Must have a minimum of 2 year experience with Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Setup/Programming
- Bachelors Engineering degree, Preferably Electrical / Systems Engineering with up to 9-13 years / Master's degree, with up to 7-12 years' related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.