Software DeveloperBerkeley Heights, New Jersey
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking a Software Developer to join their agile development team in Berkeley Heights, NJ.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Interacts with customers, PMs and other development teams to gather, analyze and define requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy the client needs
- Develops, maintains, supports and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis from system level to individual software components
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and enterprise level production environment
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development life cycle.
- Serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies.
- Integrates new software and web products with existing software and web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the system.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex data analytic systems.
- DevOps exposure, with strong Linux back-end debugging skills.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Ruby/JRuby, Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, Java Script, C/C++, Shell Scripting, and ETL processes in a clustered environment.
- Technical understanding of big data concepts, cloud technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, and strong trouble shooting skills.
- Applicant MUST have the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance.
- Bachelors Degree with 8 years experience (or Masters Degree with 6 years experience) with enterprise level SDLC.
DESIRED SKILLS (although not required):
Familiarity with Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence concepts is highly desired.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More