Software DeveloperBerkeley Heights, New Jersey
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) is seeking experienced Software Developers to join an Agile development team supporting a multi-year development endeavor.
Berkeley Heights, NJ or Metro DC
Join a diverse development team in developing and supporting a cutting-edge, enterprise tool that increases collaboration amongst defense agencies, allows data analysts to leverage the power of sophisticated data mining techniques and ultimately enables decisions makers to make national security decisions using the most accurate and up-to-date data analytic capabilities.
You will work with big-data and real-time analytics and cutting-edge technologies in an Amazon Web Service (AWS) microservices framework.
Partner with a diverse mix of customers, program managers and engineering and development teams to:
- Gather, analyze and define requirements
- Recommend and select the best blend of technologies and development methodologies and processes
- Define and design both component (software) and overall systems
- Build, manage and enhance complex, data and processing intensive software systems and the underlying algorithms
- Research, recommend and implement new technologies
- Implement and follow a formal design process using specifications and data flow diagrams and ensure adherence to applicable laws, standards and established guidelines for the development and delivery of software and web applications
- Create and update software and web development technical documentation
- Test software components and overall systems and document testing results
- Analyze and resolve complex software problems using solutions built on cutting edge and current technologies
- Ensure software process and configuration management
- Manage and ensure quality control
As a technical lead (for multiple teams) you will delegate, manage and oversee programming and testing tasks amongst multiple teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline and eight (8) years of enterprise-level, full software development lifecycle (SDLC) experience or a master’s degree and six (6) years of the same.
- Troubleshooting experience for complex data analytic systems
- DevOps exposure and/or knowledge with strong Linux backend debugging skills
- Continuous Integration , Build Management, and Software Construction Tools experience
- Git experience (code change management)
- Containerization using Docker
- Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Java and C/C++ programming experience
- Clustered environment ETL experience
- Technical understanding and/or experience with “big data” and cloud concepts and tech nologies such as AWS and Hadoop.
- Exceptional trouble shooting and resolution skills.
- Ability and willingness to obtain a Top Secret (TS) level clearance.
- Familiarity or experience with Machine Learning (ML) or Artificial Intelligence (AI) concepts
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More