Software DeveloperBerkeley Heights, New Jersey
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Are you up for the challenge? Do you want free money in your 401k? Do you want job security and a company that invests in you? You need to check us out!
In this exciting role you will work with real-time data and create tools using cutting-edge visualization, development, and analytic technologies.
ALONG WITH COMPETITIVE SALARIES AND OUR COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS, WE OFFER:
- Employee Performance Incentives
- Ongoing Training Opportunities
- Boeing Employee Discount Program
- Health Insurance Opt-out Incentives
- Generous 401k Contribution – 10% contribution (NOT A MATCH)
- Student Debt Payoff
- Up to $30k Tuition Assistance
- HSA Contributions
- Professional Development Program
Every day, Boeing Intelligence & Analytics supports global missions by building and delivering intelligence, analytics, and cyber solutions that enable users to advance national security. We have provided our customers with the tools needed to counter evolving global and cyber threats, and to improve wartime decision making. Our talented employees bring software development, systems engineering, and advanced analytics expertise. We offer numerous prime contract opportunities with customers headquartered in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, as well as subcontract opportunities that align with our areas of focus and additional opportunities nationwide through our parent company.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is seeking a Software Developer to join our team in .
Work Location: Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Telework Availability: None at this time
Team Overview: This team owns development, deployment and support for an enterprise level application that provides dissemination of mission-critical data at the absolute first point of relevance. We do real-time big data analytics, driving collaboration across various defense agencies, while empowering the data analyst to gain the efficiencies and effectiveness offered by our sophisticated data mining application. The primary mission is to provide national policy makers with the most accurate and up-to-date data analytic capabilities, thereby helping them with decisions affecting national security issues. This is a multi-year contract and the team is currently centered around developing and supporting a cutting edge application in an Amazon Web Services-based Micro services framework.
What you will do (day in the life):
- Interacts with customers, PMs and other development teams to gather, analyze and define requirements to determine the most effective software and web technologies to satisfy the client needs
- Develops, maintains, supports and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, and requirements analysis from system level to individual software components
- Utilizes software engineering and design methodologies appropriate to the development, integration, and enterprise level production environment
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software and web based applications and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Follows a formal design process using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and adheres to laws, standards, and established guidelines for development and delivery of software and web applications
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software and web development technical documentation to assist with software and web application maintenance and upgrades
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software / web development life cycle.
- Serves as the technical lead of multiple software development teams.
- Selects the software development processes in coordination with the customer and system engineering.
- Recommends new technologies and processes for complex software projects.
- Ensures quality control of all developed and modified software.
- Delegates programming and testing responsibilities to one or more teams and monitor their performance.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots extremely complex software problems and provides solutions using the latest technologies.
- Integrates new software and web products with existing software and web applications in order to improve the functionality or design of the system.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex data analytic systems.
- DevOps exposure, with strong Linux back-end debugging skills.
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Ruby/JRuby, Ruby on Rails, Python, Java, Java Script, C/C++, Shell Scripting, and ETL processes in a clustered environment.
- Technical understanding of big data concepts, cloud technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, and strong trouble shooting skills.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence concepts is highly desired.
- Bachelors Degree with 10 years of relevant experience (or Masters Degree with 8 years experience) with enterprise level SDLC.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics Benefits:
Employees are more effective on the job when they are not distracted by health and financial worries. To support our workforce, we offer a wide variety of health, life and other insurance benefits (as described above) that allow each employee to choose the coverage best suited to their needs and the needs of their family.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.