Autonomy Lead Software Engineer
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Autonomy Lead Software Engineer
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Autonomy Lead Software Engineer to join the Advanced Autonomous Systems (AAS) Software team located in St. Louis, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization
Phantom Works is an advanced research and development organization responsible for engaging customers through cutting-edge visual modeling and simulation; innovating cross-cutting concepts and technologies; prototyping solutions to extend current products and win new programs; and developing new businesses and entering new markets.
The organization is seeking software engineers to lead software design and development for autonomous systems. Software support is needed in the areas of autonomous product development and simulations to support autonomous product development.
As a Software Engineer you will work with a team in a casual but professional environment where there is long-term potential for career growth into management or technical leadership positions. The optimal candidate works well with a team, has great communication skills, and is a self-starter.
Partnering with both internal and external organizations, the AAS team provides the technical leadership to develop key enabling technologies, grow our Artificial Intelligence portfolio, and execute live demonstrations in support of critical future defense autonomy franchises in Autonomy, Air Vehicle Operations, Surveillance, Aerial Refueling, Collaborative Teaming and other vital missions.
The selected team member enjoys working collaboratively with others, has a commitment to customer satisfaction and process improvement, and is successful working in a multi-contract/multi-program environment. He/she will support the development of solutions to a wide range of complex problems that require ingenuity and innovation. He/she should be adaptable to new development environments and eager to work with and learn new technologies.
- Design and develop autonomous systems using real-time software architectures and designs
- Lead junior engineers in software development
- Perform in use case development for software requirements
- Perform software architecture trade studies and modifications to meet new requirements
- Develop interface definitions
- Perform unit and integration testing
- Participate in peer reviews
- Support system and flight testing
- Creation of software documentation
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. Ability to obtain Top Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Ability to obtain Top Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- 5+ years Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years Autonomy and Robotics software techniques
- Software language experience, including C++, Python, and Java
- Real time software development experience
- Experience with Agile Software development process
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Software language experience, including C++, Python, Java and Ruby
- Simulation development experience
- Experience with Continuous integration practices
- Usage of software development tools such as JIRA, GIT and Jenkins
- Software testing experience
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position is located in St. Louis, MO and relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.