Composites EngineerBerkeley, Missouri
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
We are Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T): Boeing's global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future!
The BR&T Materials and Processes Engineering team is seeking high performing, motivated and self-starting Composites Engineers. We are seeking both Associate as well as Mid-Level engineers to join our team in Berkeley, Missouri, supporting Boeing Defense production aircraft programs at the St. Louis, Missouri site (F/A-18, F-15, MQ-25, 777X, T-7A). This position will also provide composites support to spares and legacy programs. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with internal and external suppliers regarding composite part and process specification qualifications, material authorization, specification authoring and revision, and non-conformance support. Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Author and revise material or process specifications
- Specification of composite materials, resin systems and adhesives for aircraft usage
- Coordination with all production engineering teams through design engineers, liaison engineers, other Materials and Processes engineers and composite technicians
- Qualification of suppliers for composite fabrication and bonding specifications and processes
- Interface with government, external and internal customers
- Support non-conformances, fleet impact assessments, notice of escapees
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1+ years’ Engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Material Science
- Experience with aerospace composite materials, assembly, fabrication, bonding
- Experience with aerospace process and material specifications
- Experience with adhesive materials (such as epoxy, urethane, polyimide, reinforcements, etc) and processes.
- Experience with composite and elastomers and associated processing and fabrication techniques
- Experience with composite and elastomer failure modes (structural and nonstructural) and analysis for materials, processes and parts.
- Experience reading/interpreting engineering drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
Associate (Level 2):
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Mid-Level (Level 3):
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range Associate Level: $77,350 - $104,650
Summary pay range Mid-Level: $95,200 – $128,800
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities