Electrical Wire Design and InstallationBerkeley, Missouri
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Senior Wire Design and Installation Design Engineer to join the Electrical and Installations Integrated Product Team which is one of several Systems Teams that make up Platform Systems Group in Berkeley, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
A new proprietary program is in need of a Senior Wiring Design and Equipment installation Design engineers. The program is large classified program in the early stages of design offering widespread opportunity for design engineers in regards of assisting with configuration definition and maturity.
- Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
- Leads the team to analyze results and performs design reviews.
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Develops complex statements of work, metrics schedules and budgets.
- Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Works under minimal direction.
The position must be performed Onsite.
Export Control-Security Clearance? Choose from below.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Physics
- 8+ years of electrical system design associated with mechanical and/or fluid systems on aircraft
- Experience using NX/Teamcenter, Vis-mockup, and/or CATIA/ENOVIA, Model Based Definition, GD&T, 2-D drawings.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Highly preferred: Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- 10+ years of relevant military or commercial aircraft experience
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient with NX/Teamcenter, Vis-mockup, and/or CATIA/ENOVIA, Model Based Definition, GD&T, 2-D drawings.
- Experience providing technical leadership for an engineering team
Bachelor's degree with typically 10 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 8 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award