Experienced F22 System Lab Core EngineerBerkeley, Missouri
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Berkeley MO is seeking an Experienced F22 System Lab Core Engineer to support the Core Processing Product Team through the integration and testing of Open Mission Systems (OMS) / Open Systems Architecture (OSA) hardware and software with legacy systems as well as testing other mission systems capabilities. This position requires a solid understanding of complex laboratory and computing systems. As a CORE System Test Engineer, this individual will participate as a member of the test team, and provide support for test design and execution. Responsibilities during test execution will require use of various software tools to monitor and perform real time data analysis and evaluation of system performance during test conduct. Post test execution will require a deeper level of analysis efforts to support success criteria as well as root cause investigation for anomalies. The selected candidate will also help define and implement changes to modernize the F-22 test infrastructure. The job includes working in an aircraft integration ground lab as well as occasionally flying on the 757 Flying Test Bed.
- Assist the lab team in ensuring that the test facility is functional and properly configured for the scheduled test activities.
- Perform real-time monitoring of the F-22 Mission Systems avionics with emphasis on capturing fault occurrences for resolution, for both on-ground, and during test flights of the F-22 757 FTB.
- Perform post test data analysis after test sessions, ensuring that issues/anomalies missed real-time are captured.
- Support and/or perform Operational Flight Program (OFP) installations / updates, and program start-up fault resolution.
- Provide configuration control of the OFP and simulations that are utilized during test activities.
- Create & update tools to monitor system operation.
- Communicate effectively on a diverse team that partners Boeing with Lockheed Martin and the USAF.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Secret Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- A Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering or science related field
- Minimum 3 years experience in an avionics lab and/or s/w test experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
- Experience analyzing avionics data
- Able to obtain a flight clearance
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- Experience with laboratory testing and/or integration
- Experience with fighter aircraft avionics
- Experience with Open Mission Systems (OMS) and or Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
- Experience with Perl, Red Hat Linux, or Matlab desirable but not required
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.