Lead Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Berkeley, Missouri; Fairfax, Virginia; El Segundo, California; St Louis, Missouri; Colorado Springs, Colorado
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Lead Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Company is seeking Lead Software Engineer - DevSecOps / Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join their Enterprise DevSecOps team. This positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense Systems (BDS) business organization.
In this role, you will help guide the Boeing Enterprise transformation of DevSecOps across our business units. The successful candidate will design, implement, and maintain a modern system deployment to the cloud environment with a Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) workflows for system build, test and deploy in containerized microservices. We operate as a fast paced agile team. We seek candidates who have proven skills in DevOps, Cloud environments, software development, test automation, and system automation.
These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The DevOps team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from or lead others.
This position allows telecommuting and does require applicants to live in either of the listed location options: Saint Louis, MO, Colorado Springs, CO, El Segundo, CA or Fairfax, VA full-time.
- Leads activities to develop, document and maintain complex architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system
- Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics
- Leads software research and development projects
- Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations
- Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards
- Trains and mentors others
- Works under consultative direction
Technology areas of this position are:
- Agile product development
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Automated system testing, integration, and deployment
- Rolling out upgrades to our software factories as needed
- Work closely with developers, testers, and system engineers from multiple product teams
- Suggest modifications to the DevSecOps workflow to improve efficiency
- Research and pitch new tools/products to the team
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. A final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering related discipline and at least nine (9) years of related work experience OR at least thirteen (13) years of related work experience
- Experience have with Cloud technologies, such as Docker, Kubernetes, AZURE, or AWS
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, Go, or C++
- Experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms, flight software, or other complex systems
- Experience working with and supporting systems with Linux Operating System (OS)
- Proficient in technologies such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Openshift, Git, Helm, Ansible, Chef, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, or AppDynamics
- Exerience with tools for test development and/or management such as Zephr, TestRail, TestComplete, Xray, T4J, Cucumber
- Experience on Automation and CI/CD techniques and design patterns
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Docker, Podman and/or Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of software testing methods and approaches
- Experience working with both software and hardware-in-the-loop test environments
- Strong Working knowledge of the CI/CD process including debugging, test, and integration of software tools.
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter that can thrive in a distributed remote work environment.
- Understanding of designing and implementing full stack/Microservice infrastructure.
- Have the ability to work within a tool-chain using tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, SonarQube, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, OpenShift, Docker and more.
- Significant experience architecting solutions for containerizing legacy applications
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Colorado Springs, Colorado Salary Range: Min. $144,000 - Max. $160,000
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.