Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) First Line LeaderBerkeley, Missouri
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a first line leader with experience in systems engineering to join the Government Training Engineering SEIT organization. The selected candidate will go on to lead a systems engineering team performing system level requirements, architecture and design work for a variety of Boeing’s aircrew and maintenance products.
- Lead a team of diverse systems engineers with the responsibility, authority, and oversight of the requirements, architecture, and design portion of the product development lifecycle.
- Work closely with other engineering functions, program management and external customers. Interfacing with engineering and other shared resources such as subsystems engineering, mission assurance, software, hardware, IT, and supplier teams as required.
- Support project planning and status activities including proposals, estimates, scheduling, and business systems status inputs for multiple contracts and deliveries.
- Evaluates business requirements against cost, schedule and technical constraints.
- Understand, support, and apply agile principles, practices, and processes.
- Personnel and Team Development
- Manage expectations, performance, and compensation of direct reports.
- Coach employees on technical, functional, team skills, and career goals.
- Support hiring activities, staff forecasting, and staffing to plan.
- Provide support to control account managers (CAMs) to manage cost, schedule, and execution of all programs and cost accounts within the team.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and/or leading initiatives
- 5+ years of experience working in a professional environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance in the past 24 months
- Previous aerospace industry experience
- Knowledge of and experience with Program Management Best Practices (PMBP)
- Experience in system engineering (e.g. Systems, Design, Architecture, Integration, Requirements or Test)
- Experience in leading projects from contract award through system requirements review, preliminary design review, critical design review, parts procurement, installation, testing, and delivery
- Experience working directly with suppliers or supplier management
- Earned Value Management experience
- Experience with Scaled Agile Frame (SAFe) software and systems development
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis)
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 137,700 – 186,300
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award