Manufacturing EngineerBridgeport, West Virginia
We are seeking a Sr. Manufacturing Engineer in WV!
Aurora Flight Sciences is seeking a senior level Manufacturing Engineer in our Bridgeport WV facility. They will service the development, production and delivery of aerostructure components and assemblies.
- Service the development, production and delivery of aerostructure components and assemblies.
- Create and maintain Engineering masters and operations work orders through an electronic ERP System (SAP).
- Create part inspection check lists, first article inspections, manufacturing planning documents, inspection sheets, request for change inquiries, purchase orders, inspection drawings, prepare bid packages for the suppliers/vendors, prepare basis of estimates and quotes in support of business proposals, provide support to the production floor with drawing and technical specifications interpretations.
- Main interface with internal or external design engineering services.
- Prevent process bottlenecks and improve processes for the manufacturing engineering activities.
- Follow established company procedures and project execution processes.
- Performs to individual and company objectives and metrics. Incorporates lean manufacturing principles and participates in process improvement initiatives.
- BS degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechanical/Manufacturing/Aerospace preferred) from an accredited university.
- 5+ years experience within composite or metal aerostructure manufacturing and assembly.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with GD&T tolerance, assembly sequencing, and producibility utilizing Catia V5 (composites experience highly desirable)
- Experience utilizing ERP/MRP planning systems and bill of material interrogation for process planning.
- Must also understand the financial and scheduling metrics in successfully executing a program.
- Experience with fabrication of various metals a plus.
- Must be a US Person
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to work in a composite or metal manufacturing environment.
- May be required to support extended or alternate shifts.
- Teamwork - Provides and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Judgement - Planning/Organizing – Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic prioritized action plans.
- Professionalism - Maintains composure and Professionalism under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Dependability - Keeps commitments, completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively. Have the ability to work from the design for a product and develop processes for production, standards, and quality control.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More